ND5 XS2 ordered ๐Ÿ‘

As per others comments, it has a standby mode which is configurable via the Naim app. If you disable Server Mode it uses the least amount of power in standby. Once it wakes from standby itโ€™ll take a short time to settle and be at its optimum, usually there within 10-15 mins!

Yes - as others have said I use a Chord digital RCA lead between the CD player and the ND5XS2 (connected to the red digital input labelled โ€˜3โ€™)- Iโ€™ll be keeping my CD player until it dies as the ND5XS2 has improved it considerably. Also, I put my ND5XS2 into standby after and hour and the SN3 + HiCap stay on pretty much continuously.

Another tip I have found out - as the SN3 has just the one set of speaker outputs (completely understand the reason for this) I also have another set of speakers hardwired to my kitchen. I use a set of RCAs from the ND5XS2 to connect to another (non Naim) amplifier. When I am not listening seriously and am wandering around the house with both amps working, I have found that the Naim app controlling the streamer also controls my second (Non Naim amp) and if I use the Naim remote to adjust the volume at the SN3 it also adjusts my other amp at the same time - superb (but unexpected)!

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s good to know, thanks Mark๐Ÿ‘
I got everything pretty much rewired (except dins) and ready to go soon as my nd5xs2 arrivesโ€ฆ

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.