Nd5 xs2

Going to pick my power amp up tomorrow from class a so going to go in the shop downstairs to demo a nd5xs2 ,I currently use a bluesound node question is am I going to be impressed

I can’t 100% guarantee it because I’ve seen virtually every opinion possible regarding any audio equipment. But I will say that a lot of people have found the nd5xs2 a good step up from the node. I personally love my nd5xs2 and I’m not the only one. I hope you enjoy it but if not I hope you find your preference.

3 Likes

You will get an unbiased view from the guys there as they are a great knowledgable bunch you can trust 100%

2 Likes

Now that is question that nobody can possibly answer.

2 Likes

Nevertheless I would make the decision based on what you hear rather than what they say they hear.

2 Likes

I would be surprised if it wasn’t clearly better but do report back.

3 Likes

Not too sure. I also had a Node before going down the ND5 XS2 route.

I wanted to keep my stack consistent, so this was my primary reason. I liked the NODE app better as I find the Naim app buggy and less refined.

As for sound quality, the ND5 XS2 was better but not at the level as I was expecting.

For me, the biggest advantage of the ND5 XS2 is I can mute and alter the volume of my Supernait 3 using the app.

2 Likes

I never said I would do anything other than judge based on what I hear !!!

2 Likes

No, I know that and good for you. I couldn’t resist after @soccermad’s post sort of implied that the guys there would tell you what to do! I’m sure it was in reality just mean’t as a complimentary post to a good dealer and didn’t have that intention at all. At least I hope not!

2 Likes

Update bought the nd5 xs2 was well impressed with it got it set up yesterday which was easy to do,trouble is I’m at work today so can’t use it !
Moorgates is a fantastic shop was worth travelling the 160 mile round trip

17 Likes

Fantastic news. ND5XS2 is cracking product. I used one into NDS as DAC into 2 x PSUs.

A brilliant and versatlie machine. Well done!

4 Likes

Glad you are happy with the new arrival

1 Like

I thought the Naim £2500 streamer was disappointing and I was using a 2012 Squeezebox Touch. I’ve ended up with a Node X and a Qutest DAC. This is with an SN3. The Touch with the Qutest was good but I wanted the HDMI input.