ND555 + 2 x 555PSDR

The Tab 10 Sigs (I had 600 & 400 Ovators in our previous house) are effortlessly revealing the improvements brought by the 2nd 555PSDR, if that helps.

Source first all the way for me.

G

4 Likes

Obviously. Enjoy Your system, looks great and I can imagine it sounds great as well. For now I will enjoy my own system right now!

1 Like

The journey never ends, we just pause now and again to enjoy where we have reached. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

If I could afford it I probably would end up with an ND555 and two power supplies and a top-spec Linn. As it is I am awaiting the 272 replacement and depending on how good it is, I will decide if I need to upgrade my LP12 to be equal to it. Then hopefully this will be a place I want to spend a considerable period of time rather than seeking the next stop off on my journey.

Now if I won a big enough prize on the premium bonds…

1 Like

Next step should be a third 555 dr and no speakers :rofl:

4 Likes

Pre-loved of course

1 Like

Would I be correct in thinking that adding a second 555 to my NDS would yield similar results? Currently using a single non DR

Only one way to find out. Some did report however that 2 555PS on the NDS messed with the timing.

G

1 Like

My dealer didn’t advocate a second 555PS on the NDS so I never did the demo……he was very quick to get me to try one on the ND555 though.

1 Like

I did audition the second supply when i first heard the nd555 in a Signals demo they did for me, way back. It did sound better, but i was so taken back by the nd555 single 555dr over the ndx2 with 555dr that i kind of discounted it, for a while. But, it is a significant step up after listening at home……it just brought everything together musically.

4 Likes

I guess when it’s your last day you can always say “remember that time the PSU was added”
(from experience)

Why, oh why do I keep coming back to this thread, like a Lemming to a cliff edge!

8 Likes

Nigel it is worth it…I have never regretted it…it is flippin expensive…but hey life is too short…and your hearing could take a turn for the worst anytime…treat yourself your worth it…

3 Likes

Last bit sounds like a shampoo advert …sorry…hey you know what I mean :rofl:

2 Likes

It is a bit like dandruff i suppose……once you have heard two……it keeps coming back to haunt you😉

2 Likes

Yeah but Nige is on “head and shoulders”

2 Likes

Two supplies is certainly head and shoulders above one.

G

5 Likes

Seriously, if you can find a nice ‘pre-loved’ example I’d absolutely recommend it. You won’t have the wait and the larger outlay, and for the degrees of uplift it felt about right to me. Money well ‘invested’.

G

3 Likes

Yes chaps…I know…I know. I am in denial, but I feel myself weakening!

1 Like

If you are going to get one - soon may be a good idea as you may have the pleasure of paying a lot more for it in a few months or more with this inflation.

I went through this thinking when I got my S1 Pre many years back - with hindsight the best thing I did but at the time mental agony - so much money. But it was about to go up £10k in a few weeks and was soon going to reach where I’d never get it in futue.

It you want it - get one - if you can now afford it. :wink:

…also borrow one for home-demo to confirm first. :bear:

DB.

3 Likes

Yes, as @Darkebear says, if you’re going to do it, best to place an order either today or tomorrow because the new price list applies from 1 September.