ND555 + additional PS

When I got my second 555PS-DR my dealer did me a wicked good deal. It’s always worth asking. If you don’t ask you don’t get.

How would you guys describe the difference between one and two ps with the ND555…

Increased transparency, extension, solidity of notes. Music projects with more ease somehow. Just across the board more involving, akin to a good vinyl setup.

1 Like

After a (very) extended home trial, the additional PS has gone back to the dealers. This is usually the acid test, and yes, I am missing it, however the single PS’d ND still sounds just fantastic.
It will only be a matter of time though until I need to rearrange the rack for an extra black box :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I must admit I am sat here looking at my LP12 and I am thinking hey maybe it would make sense to add another 555ps and get the full potential from the ND … as I dont use the LP12 very often… Yet inside something inside kinda refuses to let go…doh.

3 Likes

be careful, you can regret it later. Personally i sold and bought again the ex demo rp10. The classics, rock or jazz, will never sound so lively on digital.

1 Like

While the ND555 is a fantastic player I know what you try to say. One can perhaps not completely loose the feeling of the ritual and having the different sound experience. With such equipment I would also not advise to sell it right now.

2 Likes

That reminds me of an evening with some dear friends a few years ago, as my host cued up an album on his Roksan Xerxes and the hostess removed the cork on a fine claret he said “Every drug has its works man, vinyl, wine, we need the ritual”.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.