ND555 Impressions

Harry, after listening to the speakers this evening I think it is more likely that my bank account will be requiring best wishes shortly ?

3 Likes

Thread drifted off a bit chaps…

My pre is a 4 box pre.

I’d like to reduce that number by 50% but SWMBO has other ideas :joy::joy:

This is totally irrelevant to this thread!

2 Likes

2 hicap and a third little ps?

yes but best get back on topic I think…

1 Like

I guess that Tim was probably implying that there is a thread related to the ND555 and its power supplies setups :innocent:

Thomas, you’re completely right. I answered in the wrong thread. Was a bit tired and lacked attention. I will delete my posts above.

1 Like

nd555 preview and review to come on audiostream site.

Nd 555 reviews by Soundrebel , Poland. With Focal speakers, Statement Pre and Amp. Uniticore.

They need to learn how to use paragraphs, it was unreadable.

2 Likes

I just tried to read it - after a few minutes I gave up and will try later suitably prepared!
I’ve had more fun reading a psychology or Cisco set-up technical paper than this - it appears the auto-translate into a block of poor cumbersome descriptions lets it down.

After 5 minutes struggling to read I don’t know if they like or dislike it or something or anything - just that they have a set of complex thoughts that they can’t put forward to explain. Actually very amusing! :laughing:

DB.

4 Likes

Yes, you need to really focus and it’s tiring. However they preferred it to their top Reimyo transport / dac and enjoyed it a lot. Some nice pics of the Statement also.

2 Likes

I got through it, not sure it was worth the effort. The 555 was the least in their view it seems. Does it read any better in Polish?

I didn’t tried. It must be a bad traduction.

My readin was that the two write their views independently, the first writer thought the ND555 was close to (but behind) the CDX2, the second writer seemed to think the ND555 was significantly better.

I didn’t understood that. However it’s not very clearly written. For me the first reviewer said that even with nd555 in radio mode, the radio was better vs the cdx2. For the second reviewer, the nd555 was clearly better vs the cdx2.
I read again and now I am not sure if the reviewer preferred clearly the nd555 vs Reimyo combo.

The power block looks impressive

I gave up too. I jumped to the conclusion and I think the second reviewer liked it. But then does it really matter? We like it and that’s all that matters.

Indeed - I read some Reviews to learn new things and am interested in impressions people have, but I’ve got my own and I’m very happy with the ND555 and its capability and performance.

DB.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.