ND555 now in place

Hey everyone,

Just got my ND555 at lunchtime and all set up. It’s warming up as they say.

I went from ND5XS2 into NDS with 555PSDR and 2nd Non Naim PS.

So far it sounds extremely good out of the box.

40 Likes

Well done - it will be just like having a new record collection.

6 Likes

Just turned it up and it sounds absolutely awesome.

4 Likes

You are really “cooking with gas” now Dan. A serious system :+1:

3 Likes

Having moved out NDS and ND5XS2 may need to rejig Fraim stacking.

Was thinking two tall shelves middle stack instead. Would give 500DR space and have ND555 in the middle and 552DR top.

It will work itself out. But thoughts please. Cohen suggested ND555 on top shelf.

12 Likes

It’s warming up now after an hour and is sounding incredible.

So far, more depth, texture, bass is in different league. It is sending shivers down my spine it is so good.

9 Likes

Well I did tell you that you’d love it :blush:

4 Likes

Rob, it is absolutely storming!

4 Likes

How many psus do you have powering the ND555?

2 Likes

Excellent mate. I’m so pleased for you :beers:

Try “Make Us Stronger” by Ghost Rider from the K J West One playlist now you have the new beast. It’s jaw dropping.

6 Likes

I have 2 powering ND555.

1 Like

You’ll have to power it with just one of your power supplies, each one at a time, and tell us if you can hear the difference.

1 Like

You are streaming from Tidal, Qobuz or also locally ? Because I wonder how better he is for only local streaming.

Very sorry Dan……i am moving in with you and family………not much in the way of upgrades in my house😂

8 Likes

Whilst you still have the NDS set up, you should try using both at the same time like i did.
Just power the nd555 up with your 555ps and the nds up with the chc.
Then stream a track into the nd555 and NDS and just switch between inputs on the 552.

This is a great way to see what might be different and the only real way to see.

There’s no hiding when you do it like this as just going from memory is not very reliable at all.

Cheers dunc

6 Likes

The ND5XS2 is packed away and on the market. The NDS is taken out. Need a box for it and will sell that also.

The difference is clear on all formats. I use NAS, Internet Radio and Qobuz.

ND555 in, the rest out. 2 power supplies works great. I am enjoying the music and the sound difference is big.

4 Likes

No need to look back now Dan as you have a better component. Why bother? Just try to get the “biggies” on the top shelves. LP12 obviously, 552 and ND555.

5 Likes

Spot on! I had one member telling me to listen to the Rega NAIA when I had already put a deposit down on the Keel and ARO. Go figure! Two supplies clearly better. You hear it like me and hundreds of others. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s a fair bit of box shifting. The ND555 would go top of left stack and 552 and LP12 where they are. Then 555PS DR will have to move to left stack with the other one.

Is this what you’re thinking:

Left stack
ND555
Space
555PS DR
Non Naim PS
EE8 Farad Super 3

Middle stack
552DR head unit
Space
Zoneripper NAS
500DR head unit

Right stack
LP12
500PS
Space
552PS
KRadikal 2

What do you think?

1 Like

Pretty good. I know that you are governed by Burndy length and dressing.

1 Like