ND555 screen freezing

thats not good at all - ive only got a ‘lowly’ nova but its never given me any issues. i’d be banging the table also

Had my first screen freeze on the NDX2, my first after 2 months regular use. Unplugged as suggested and the screen reset.

I’ve just encountered screen freeze number seven on my ND555. I’m just about to call the support team on this one.

According to technical support, with fingers crossed it is planned that a firmware/software update should be released in the second week of April, which should address this as well as a handful of other issues. Fingers crossed indeed.

Hopefully, it will also sort out the occasional flickering display which I’ve been getting. :crossed_fingers:

Its in beta testing now, however for me i have never had a screen freeze on the nd555…so my beta feedback is next to useless. You could ask to join the beta group and try yourself?

Been running the Beta app and it has fixed this problem on the ND555 my screen used to freeze every few days prior to using the Beta app.

In that case I really do hope it passes Naim’s internal tests so that it can be released in April as planned. @Gazza my ND555 arrived too late for me to join the beta group, but never mind, I’m ok to wait this time.

I also didn’t recognize this as I have the screen off, however realize when I switch that I always see the same cover, so I guess you even can have it while you might not realize it…

Many thanks @BertBird - good thought, and yes, I have my screen turned off, however it shows briefly for the first 10 seconds of any new album, and so far (“touch wood”) it’s always shown the correct album artwork.

Listening to some Yann Tierson albums at the moment (including theme tune from the film Amelie) and it all seems to be in order.

Thanks again though - I will continue to monitor, but so far all seems good (unlike Gazza who’s on his third ND555)!

ATB. George.

The second week in April has come and gone and my iPad still tells me that the firmware in my ND555 is up to date (see above). I suppose any event scheduled to happen on 12 April was doomed to fail after it became the second date we were due to leave the EU.

Sssssh…don,t temp it😉

1 Like

Is there any update firmware coming out for this frozen screen?my screen also froze from time to time,let’s say every 2-3 weeks about.

I have asked Greg at Naim on the beta thread what is happening?

I got a reply from Will at Naim and reading between the lines they have few or no Beta testers with the problem. If you contact customer services they will share the new software. Its very easy to revert back to the old software, if you want to. Sorry, best i can do.

I am experiencing the display to freeze on my NDX 2, as I already brought up before.
There is another issue with the display. Sometimes the cover art is not shown correctly (parts appear grey). Will this be fixes as well?

I have recently started switching to standby mode occasionally when I stop using the ND555. Since then (touch wood) I don’t seem to have had a screen freeze. I don’t know if this is just a coincidence, but it’s no issue to try it.

It’s great that a major company has a forum and listens to its customers and also act to sort out issues …big up for naim :hugs:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.