Ndac and iPad m1 pro

My ndac is recognizing my iPhone but not thé News iPad m1 pro. Are there some suggestions ?

Are you using Apple Music on the iPad? This should work with the NDAC USB input as this had official Apple ‘Made for iPad’ certification when it was released. As far as I’m aware this continued to work with other iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) too, but whether this is still the case with M1 models I wouldn’t know.

Apps other than Apple Music sometimes take a bit of persuasion to work via USB. If this is the case, playing something from Apple Music then going to your chosen app and starting play there usually works.

Yes I m using Apple Music and initially it worked then suddenly it stopped and I don’t know why

In that case I can’t see why it shouldn’t work.
Have you tried a restart (unplug power lead, wait a few minutes, plug back in)?
If that doesn’t work maybe try a factory reset.

Have you tried a different cable in case one gas a fault?

Already tried everything

This topic is of interest for me as I like to listen to music via iPad-Ndac and was planning to buy a new iPad with more internal storage.

Now if the latest iPads won‘t connect to the Ndac anymore, this would change my plans….

Is your setup functional again?

My older iPad charger cable used the same usb termination on the charger. So I used to use this cable to connect to the ndac.
My latest new shiny iPad has this cable that now terminates with the lightning into the charger. I did a double take when connecting up. So I had to dig in the man drawer to find the old cable.
I would say as well that things sound better.

1 Like

I discovered that the issue is related to the cable. It is really sensitive to different cables but the last I was using (a 10 euro one) is working perfectly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.