nDAC not doing it for me

Interesting. Are you also using the pre-amp function of the X-Sabre Pro or as a DAC-only feeding a separate pre-amp?

Iā€™m using the X-Sabre as DAC into my 552. I havenā€™t tried the pre-amp function direct into my Sugden power amp.

My dealer advised that the X-Sabre pre-amp function is good but is not the same calibre as a separate quality pre-amp. I may try it out one day to hear how it stacks up. I expect the SQ would not be anywhere near comparable to my 552.

1 Like

You are not hijacking anything :). The topic of adding PS to nDAC is also interesting for me. I was always curious to try external PS to my nDAC and if I sell the nDAC I wonā€™t have a chance to try itā€¦ If I donā€™t like the sound of nDAC + external PS again, then it would be sure that itā€™s not for me/my system and I will be free to sell the nDAC.

1 Like

I am yet to hear it with the 555 power supply

Mine is 555DR. As always get a demo first. Each system/room can be so different. The nDAC really can deliver in the right circumstances.

Phil

1 Like

Iā€™ll be curious to see how it compares. The standard Ndac alone was not as enjoyable as the Audio Note Dac 2.1x Sig. for me. I will try to demo it with the 555DR when I am able to.

1 Like

Yes, euphoric presentation: Feel good factor sound, sense of togetherness and being carried along to the feel of the music as a whole, perhaps a slightly rounded or filtered presentationā€¦ as opposed to listening into the music, intricately and incisively, more of a transparent presentation.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.