NDS Burndy pins not matching NDS sockets

Hi,

I’ve just sold a pair of NDS Burndies and the buyer is concerned that the pins on the cables appear to have a different pattern to those on the NDS. I told the buyer that this was probably due to it being possible to power the NDS using an XPS with a blanking plug, but he sounds unconvinced.

I don’t suppose anyone knows of a reference document for this or for the pin patterns on the Burndies and the NDS do they? I wouldn’t ask but he’s contacting Naim and I think their turnaround just now is a bit longer than usual.

Yours,

Ewen.

Ewen, you’re correct, the Pin layouts are not exactly the same to enable the NDS to be powered by an XPS where both the digital and analogue supplies are then routed through Burndy Input 1.

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Many thanks.

Yours,

Ewen.

I had a similar, but trivial issue, when I went to pickup a LP12 from a well known dealer. I had brought my 52 along so that the dealer could check the correct phono boards were installed. Foolishly, I did not think to bring the cables and PS. The dealer did not have the correct Burndy - so we could not test the 52 - embarrassing . All was well when I set the kit up at home.

Think you mean your 52… :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.