NDS or 252 on the top?

Good afternoon and happy new year…system as follows (added a few fraim bits based on forum members advice)

left stack:
gap
nds
300 head

right stack:
300ps
555dr (digital)
555 (analogue)
Supercap

my question is, 252 or nds on the top left shelf? and why?

I’ll start by saying what ever works best for you.
My 52 is above the NDS because I have a TT above 52 separated by a medium length leg in the Fraim. So I think your space between them is a good idea. Others may take a different view.

I always thought having the pre on the top shelf was best and before adding the extra fraim shelf was the only option but i can do either

252 on top

2 Likes

For me, I’d go with the following. Just because it’s similar to my setup and sounds perfect.

left stack:
Gap
Supercap
300 head

right stack:
NDS
555dr (digital)
555 (analogue)
300PS

thats literally the same system as mine, nice work. can i ask why you didnt put all your psu’s on the right and signal stuff on the left?

Because I decided that the signal stuff would be sufficiently far from the PSUs by raising them above them. Also, cable dressing makes more sense to me this way. And I don’t really subscribe to the brains vs brawn thing. I don’t disagree with the application of it but it just leads to other compromises.

Just to avoid confusion, my own system is as follows:

Left stack
LP12
NAC52 (Med shelf)
NAC52PS
SUPERCAP (For prefix)

Right stack
NDS (Med shelf)
CD555PS
NAP135
NAP135

It is sounding better than ever since a recent rebuild to accommodate the Supercap.

3 Likes

Below is how my system is now stacked having recently reversed 552 and NDS postitions, and preferring NDS on top.

Left Stack
NDS
empty std shelf
Melco head unit
Nap300 (med shelf)

Right stack
300PS
CD555PS (1)
552 PS
Melco power supply
CD555PS (2)

1 Like

After suggestions on another thread I have NDS top, 252 next, Melco bottom. The PSUs and 250DR are in another stack.
My feeling was NDS above 252 possibly more detailed but I’m still not really sure if the overall sound is better. I may try the 252 on top again.
I have the standard fraim supports.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.