NDS - Setting up BubbleUPnP Server/Audirvana

OK so that seems a good option. Set Bubble up on my windows laptop and if everything is hunkydory then buy a Raspberry Pi to take over. I am looking for the simplest and most cost effective solution, subject to me being able to cope with it technically.

1 Like

Yeah, if you have a PC connected to your network you should be able to get bubblsoft running and tweaked to work for you.

OK I’ve got this far

I’ve got my NDS and Tidal showing

No idea what to do next. I’ve spent the last half hour searching the forum to no avail

I’ve had zero problem with Tidal on an NDS running 4.8 with an asus router wireless to netgear repeater, ethernet from there. Connection drops sometimes between naim app and NDS, which I assume is due to mesh network, but Tidal absolutely no problems.

As a luddite I have no desire to tangle with roon, bubblesort or whatever.

1 Like

you want to increase the Tidal and Qobuz audio quality to the max for each.

Decoding to PCM looks right, maybe check the options to be sure.

What you should do is to install a control app on your phone or tablet. If you have Android install BubbleUPnP on your phone or tablet. In that app you select the renderer you want to use, it should show a list, among which will be your NDS. Then select the overview of available music sources. Among which Tidal an Qobuz. Select which one you want to use,select the album you want to hear and Bob’s your uncle.
That’s how I did it,worked like a charm. Don’t use it anymore now but that’s another story,
What you need to understand is that the BubbleUPnP server on your PC acts like a bridge,it has an interface to Tidal and Qobuz that both services understand and acts like an ordinary UPnP server towards your NDS. The control app on your phone or tablet is just that, a control point. It replaces the Tidal interface in your NDS. The NDS just thinks there is an ordinary UPnP server,like one that runs on a NAS, on the other end.
HTH.

2 Likes

Thanks all, really appreciate all your help.

I’m using an iPhone so I’ve downloaded mconnectlite and I’m playing music through it.

I’m not convinced bubblesoft on my laptop is doing anything though. Or is it?

If it’s streaming PCM it’s working, I think. I couldn’t get on with MConnect so I can’t comment on that app.

Shut down your laptop and you will know… :grin:

But if you have an iPhone I would, as @Guinless suggested, install Lumin on it and use that as a control point for the BubbleUPnP server on your laptop. If you like the way is works I would buy a cheap Android tablet,install BubbleUPnP on it and use that. That’s what I did, I found Lumin has a lot of quirks that BubbleUPnP android did not have.

I switched off the laptop and no break in sound. Put on a new track and it played with the laptop still off. So I’m not so sure :thinking:

I am. If your laptop is down and you still can play music, fat chance BubbleUPnP is doing anything.
You are streaming music straigth to the NDS from your iPhone using MConnect.

Change Qobuz to 192kHz.
Tick gapless playback.
Select decode to PCM to “everything”
Audio format should be WAV.

1 Like

You can’t use MConnect to connect to Bubble.

You have to use Lumin on Apple devices.

OK will try Lumin thanks

1 Like

It’s the “Openhome” version of your NDS you need to use.

1 Like

I would set up everything first starting with defaults so that you got your system working. Stream from Tidal to the Bubble sever and then to your NDS. Install Lumin on your iPhone to control the Bubble server. If everything works and you got a feeling how it works, then and only then start with optimization and tweaking for best sound quality.
Just my 2 cents.

I echo what @Guinnless says for the settings.

I’m running bubblesoft in a container on my QNAP so I haven’t seen the settings in ages.

What are you controlling with Lumin? I have apple devices but use use the Linn App Kazoo to control the streamer.

I’m in LUMIN. In settings it’s seeing the NDS. But everything else is greyed out and I can’t find Tidal

Presumably I just need to click on Music Library and Tidal will appear. But it doesn’t :frowning_face:

I’m not familiar with Lumin, wish I could help. I just dl Kazoo, logged into my Tidal account and it worked. No problems.