NDX 2 - can't add radio stations

P.S. Poking around on the vtuner website, I came across this description of my device:

Naim Uniti with vTuner MAC Address : xxxxxxxxxx

But it’s NOT a Uniti! Could that be my problem, that the computer thinks it’s a different device? Ot does that not make any difference?

Hi @teemacs

I just did a sanity check here and added a few new stations and they appeared ok in ‘Added Stations’.

If you can email me at: steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com with your vtuner ID details and I’ll take a look on what is up.

Best

Steve

1 Like

Dear All, thanks to Stevesky, I’ve seen the light! I’ve been trying to add stations on the vtuner site on the computer - this cannot be done, they have to be added on the app either on Apple or Android. You scan through to the station you require, for example, one from the oul’ sod:

Location->Europe->United Kingdom->All Stations->BBC Radio Ulster

You then play it and once it is playing, you can select it as favourite. It will appear on your app (nowhere else) as a favourite, and you can access it directly from then on.

3 Likes

So it that seems that adding stations via the http://naim.vtuner.com even on an iPad does not add Stations selected off this web site to the NDX / Naim app (Added Stations folder). From what you are saying you have to use the Naim app, select the internet radio tab and then go through that route to find and add a station via playing it and then making it a favourite. I was aware of this route to add a station but was frustrated with not being able to add via the naim.vtuner web page, after all the added stations folder on the Naim app under radio tells you to visit this site and and sign up using your MAC ID, doh !!

It all hinges on the meaning of “added stations”. Stevesky says that “added stations” means ones that are not on that 4000-odd-long list on the vtuner website and which you therefore have to add by yourself, complete with Internet address. This is not clear, or at least it wasn’t to me. Perhaps Naim should make it clear that this is what is meant.

1 Like

Yes agree, spent ages trying to follow the Naim instructions to add stations via vtuner to no avail, so thank you teemacs for starting this thread. This part of the app at least is not intuitive at all.

A definite improvement for a numpty like me would be an ability to group favourites under different categories (Jazz, Classical etc), and move them up and down the list.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.