NDX 2 no sound on left channel

It’s not a design weakness. It’s actually a relay manufacturing problem. The trouble is that the manufacturer isn’t interested in doing anything about it for Naim who buy a very small number in their eyes. And Naim haven’t been able to find another supplier who makes relays that sound as good in Naim units.

2 Likes

And unfortunately, Naim’s warranty is only two years, at least in the US. I have an XPS DR with mine and that’s a lot of monetary investment to be unable to use. It is good to have it back in house and it sounds great after it’s trip to Canada.

The good news is that relays usually fail when they are relatively new. It’s the reason why new units are returned relatively often early in their life cycle.
Once the unit is well, it usually stays well.

Sorry but saying they continue to use a substandard product that’s known to fail because it sounds good is marketing b****cks imo.

9 Likes

I’m only passing on what their technical director told us at a factory visit pre-Covid.
Whether you believe it is up to you.

In any case I believe it was seen as a batch problem rather than necessarily continuing.

That must have come across as a bit stroppy &Hollow so I have amended it…sorry

1 Like

Hi everyone, I have got the same problem on my NDX2 and unfortunately is out of warranty so I’m really anxious about the cost of repair my dealer will tell me. Do you know guys how much this issue will cost? Thanks

Hi Naim84. It will depend on where you are located in the world. If you say it’s out of warranty then I guess you may be either the second owner or you’re not based somewhere other than the UK, in which case you should contact your dealer or else your distributor who should be able to advise you.

1 Like

Naim 84, Some additional info about my relay switch warranty episode in the states: My local Naim dealer had to contact a Naim repair center and Naim had the dealer run several tests on my NDX2 before it could be shipped from North Carolina to Canada for repair. The diagnosis was “no analog output left channel.” My dealer shipped the unit and Naim return shipped it directly to me so there were no shipping charges. The entire process took 6+ weeks. No info on cost was provided. Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.