NDX 2, Supernair 3 and Sopra n1

My NACA5 was made by the Naim representative in my country.

All my cables were before the naim system audioquest, and they work very well, but recent changes like the powerlines and the Niagara 3000 did not result that well with the powerlines.

Another user suggested to plug the original cables and remove what I was using. And I first connected the powerlines directly into the wall, things worked great, but I had better sound before.

So I reverted all naim gear to the default in the box power cables, lavender included, and for me the final result was better, or at least more in the way I was more familiar.

Then reinserted the Niagara 3000 with the audioquest hurrricane and the NDX2 only on the Niagara 3000 with the sock power cable. Reconnected the audioquest earth. I still prefer the amps without any filtration from power strips, so the amps are always connected directly into the wall.

My sound is now big, tridimensional, with great layering and detail and playing great with the audioquest Robin Hood.

The powerlines could not result very well in team with the audioquest cables I have, other than that the system is now working great.

3 Likes

I have read in another thread on this forum that it is possible to have too much of a good thing with multiple Power Lines.

I don’t recall which thread it was, but the basic lesson had to do with finding balance in which components to use the Power Lines on.

Sounds like you’re experiencing that as well.
Have you tried adding them back one-by-one to understand the individual impact on your system?

Interesting. It took me awhile but I have Powerlines on all my black boxes and they are wonderful. I did them one at a time and noticed the difference pretty much immediately.

2 Likes

The powerlines are great, I do not think they combine well with the rest of the cables I already had.

Is easier to me to ditch the powerlines than the other cables to the Niagara 3000.

1 Like

Have you also checked the connection?

If the NDX2 is the only box on the Niagara, surely it’s serving no purpose, other than filtering. It makes for a vastly expensive mains cable; maybe you could try the Hurricane connected directly to the NDX2.

It is the only device when I was making the changes, I have 3 systems in the living room, 2 stereo and one home cinema, but to identify what was happening only connected the NDX 2 to the Niagara 3000.

My wife once asked, why we need 18 speakers in the living Roon when most of the time you only listen to two?! She has a point here…

Indeed, she does :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.