NDX and Tidal Master Quality Files

I bet it sounds Ace, BH.
Would love to hear it one day, and have a gaze through your mini Hubble set up…
cheers
Jim

Sorry for the delay Jim - I’d conckedmout and gone to bed :slight_smile:

It was running on and iPad Pro and it was the posh version of the app.

No worries, Nick - I also crashed out and went to sleep at the same time.

Thanks - that rules out your iPad and your MConnect app as being substandard.

So, perhaps Bubble transcoding to WAV on a good NAS gives better SQ than MConnect on an iPad on 1st gen Naim streamers.

Another possibility is that the complex routing of Qobuz files around your house somehow makes Bubble on your NAS sound better than MConnect on your iPad.

Or that you just prefer that sound.

One thing is for sure - that MConnectHD into my system does not sound bland at all. My system still has that characteristic Naim sound that I love.

But perhaps it would sound even better if I used Bubble on a NAS?

When I recently tried a Bluesound Node 2i - now that did sound bland and was clearly inferior in SQ to native Tidal.

So I guess I’ll have to do a bit more digging before I decide whether to go down the Qnap type NAS route.

In the meantime, my system sounds very good, so there’s no rush to change anything at all right now.

Apologies to the OP for overnight digressions…

If you are successful with qobuz, please reply. I tried from Ottawa using a proxy in New York with paypal - no such luck, rejected the payment :frowning_face:

1 Like

Okay. I’ll try to find the poster that was doing it, and see if I can find out how it’s done.
Maybe a Credit Card instead of paypal?
Damn CRTC eh?

Dave

Yeah, tried a credit card too but that didn’t work either. CRTC and record label lawyers, what can you do? :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.