NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

Back at yah.

1 Like

I assumed itā€™s Fatherā€™s Day in NZ as well.

1 Like

All home demos should come with a wealth warning :grin:

1 Like

Yes, been a bit spoiled. Cuppa in bed, spa then BBQ breakfast. Diverted to work for 3 hours to commission a new pedestrian crossing (where the school boy died a few months ago). BBQ lunch (first day of Spring), gardening, another spa, jump into pool (very cold), time for a beer then reheated takeaways from Moms birthday last night (for today). Then I think some relaxing music.

1 Like

My dealer, ā€œIā€™ll send you a mains noise meter, just take a look at the readingsā€ā€¦ $3K laterā€¦

1 Like

The funny thing in this game 3k is light. Iā€™m just having a cold beer enjoying some music while I have the afternoon to myself.

1 Like

Time for an update from @timbre to get us back on topic.

Visited dealer yesterday, hum on SN3 not considered to be excessive, which it isnā€™t I guess but it still bugs me as I can hear it quite clearly and I know most donā€™t hum, anyway heā€™s getting another one in soon so if itā€™s quieter heā€™ll let me swap, canā€™t ask for more then that I guess. NDX2 arrives next week apparently. Reading @seakayaker post about the XPS already has me worried!! Iā€™m telling myself that an SN3 bare will match an SN2 with XPS, hope it works!

1 Like

Loving the sound, NDX 2 is an amazing source. It weeds out bad recordings with surgical precision.

There are moment when it simple stops you in your tracks, you sort of thinkā€¦wowā€¦is that what that song was suppose to sound like.

4 Likes

I think adding PSU to NDX 2 will always change things for better no matter the amp, as it will improve the source presentation. I imagine the XPS being my next step when that time comes. In the meantime i am looking for some bookshelf speakers for my Atom in a small office.

3 Likes

My Hiline has about 100h of use ā€¦
Itā€™s strange, today it moves a lot, the stereophony is impressive, but the medium is set back while yesterday it played very very well :upside_down_face:
Patience, another 200h :smile:

1 Like

A few years back I joined the Naim family with an NAIT XS2 > ND5 XS > ProAc D2 and at that point I thought I would good for years to come. Between my local NAIM dealer being a five minute drive away and reading this forum I have made a few modifications. My plan was to have a nice little stereo system in place to enjoy my retirement years. Iā€™m still working but my plan will be to retire in the upcoming year.

I am absolutely confident that I will keep with an integrated amp solution to keep a low box count. I am quite happy with the SN2 and do not need the addition features of a MM Phono Input (nor the temptation). So if I decide to add the XPS I feel confident that will be the end of my upgrade path and system will look like NAS > XPS > NDX 2 > SuperNait 2 > NAC A5 > NAIM Ovator S-400

ā€¦well untilā€¦

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget the Hicap for the SN2!

1 Like

Yes, that, it does round things out nicelyā€¦

@Mike_S Yes, that, it does round things out nicelyā€¦

As I like to thinkā€¦ ā€œtime and patience, time and patience, time and patienceā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Danger, Will Robinson!

4 Likes

Regarding automation of NDX2 & SN3, can i use a stereo (as opposed to mono) mini jack?

Yes. It makes no difference.
Best

David

2 Likes

Got the NDX2 and Supernait 3 4-5 days agoā€¦ have Chord Epic Reference Cables with Dynaudio Special 40s. (Also have a clearaudio concept MM turntable) Very happy with what Iā€™m hearing so far, still running inā€¦ sometimes sounds like heavenā€¦ othertimes Iā€™m questioning all the money I spent :rofl:. But been told takes a while to level out so to speak. Been leaving naim radio on throughout the night on low. Just bought a couple of Powerlines on eBay for a little over half price. Plugged one in the NDX2 and tried and was an immediate difference, then I plugged the other in the SN3 and the bass became a bit overbearing. Just curious if anyone else has tried this?
If not will keep the powerline for the XPS-DR which is the next itch to be scratchedā€¦ itā€™s surely coming very soon.

Laughed at the above comment ā€˜thatā€™s why theyā€™re called dealersā€™ā€¦ so true. But itā€™s a very pleasant addiction to have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Powerlines do tend to accentuate bass in my system too. With my speakers and room I find this helps but in another system I can imagine this might be a bit much.

1 Like