Ndx2, 202, 200dr

That’s probably wise. The trouble is, you could wait six months, get the NDX2 and then the new 272 is announced the following week! The longer you wait the greater the probability of that happening becomes. When I swapped from a 272 in December I missed its lovely volume control at first. I’m now quite happy with the NDX2 and SN3. With my Tablettes it all works together very nicely.

1 Like

@Analogmusic Somehow I got that impression too. I’m sure the 282 is better than the 202, I wouldn’t even try questioning that, but I wonder how much. Also it’s just a matter of priorities, personal preference and choice (aka how much money I’m willing to spend).

The NDX 2 is fantastic piece of kit in my opinion. It can be fine alone as well. However it’s nice to be able to upgrade it whenever one feels the urge to. And you can do that later.

As quality comes first for me, I can only agree.

I believe you can’t go wrong with that, I’m considering it too for the future.

1 Like

How much better the 282 is will as ever be a matter of personal judgement, proper demonstrations (at home) are the only way to go.

I’ve got exactly what you are looking at plus NAPSC and HICAP DR. It’s an awesome combination and all I can say is that with the combo of switch, cables and speakers I’ve got, that it all works beautifully!

1 Like

You are absolutely right, indeed a proper demonstration is the real turning point to decide whether it’s worth the price tag or no. Surely it’s a very personal decision and it also depends on both the room and speakers used.

It’s a difficult time right now, IMHO, to decide

1. On one hand, apparently 6 weeks delivery times for Classic even in UK right now. (https://community.naimaudio.com/t/naim-on-delay-with-equipment-delivery/14586/5)
  2. On the other, High End Munich 2021 rescheduled to September

Whatever you do … just be sure. I’d probably not make the decision in summer shortly before Munich. But maybe we will know more by then. You certainly can be happy with either choice.

the mythical 272-2…

It’s like that sports car in our youth we could only imagine and look at in sports magazines …

To better the pre within the excellent 272 you need to be looking at the 282 or wait for the so called 272.2, 372 if it appears.

I didn’t wait, sold the 272 and opted for the 282. The performance of the 282 is excellent, mine is still running in but from the off the 282 delivers.

1 Like

I think you are wise not to wait. The 282 is much better than a 272

2 Likes

The 282 is my next upgrade… The question is when…

2 Likes

Wish I had a 202 so I could pop it in instead of the 282. To see what the difference really is. I changed both 202/200DR to 282/250DR at the same time so haven´t really heard just the pre. The 282/250DR is better than 202/200DR. However it´s roughly twice the price.

1 Like

well the 202 isn’t a preamp that matches well with a NAP 250, but to my ears it performs well with a NAP 200.

as I said it’s all about the money in the Naim preamp hierarchy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.