NDX2 & Supernait3 Promo and White LEDs

I see there’s a promo (see above) of dealers encouraged to offer these at a discounted price together (green led) and that they will be offered with the new white LEDs from August.
Wonder what sort of discount will be offered…

SN3 with white lights…. Sounds nice

2 Likes

Price is going to be about £8k for the two units apparently.

At least that is the figure I was quoted by my Naim dealer today

£7,999 at my local dealer too. Seems like a good buy!

My store said that it is a good deal but to get the best out of them power supplies need to be added to both units. How true this is I don’t know.

I gather it’s only the SN3 that gets the white lights though, as someone said on another thread it certainly suggests the SN3 wont be replaced in the near future which surprises me, perhaps theres lots of casework and boards to shift first

1 Like

Of course they did! :rofl:

4 Likes

To be consistent with the existing new classic boxes, any new classic Supernait would need the discrete (resistor ladder) volume control. Looking at internal photos of the NSC 222 and the NAC 332 shows that they take a lot of board space. Remember that the Supernait is a fairly crammed box already. Taking into consideration that the pre-amp components need to be as far as possible from the high current sections of the amp, I don’t think a new classic Supernait will be possible.
Anyone wanting a two box solution already has the NSC222 + NAP250 option; it seems to me that if the pre-amp is going to have to share a box, it makes more sense to put it with the streamer rather than the power amp, particularly considering available space and keeping the pre-amp away from high currents.

1 Like

All they are doing is changing the light colour to white nothing else.
Green will be available to order. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

i do like they are keeping supernait 3 and ndx2 as they are for a while, styling wise its “Classic” and these days looks like a mini 500 series

Both epic units, if they were replaced be a lot more money

2 Likes

How much is the Nova PE ?
I’d expect SN3/NDX2 to sound much better in most cases.
Did anyone do that compare ?

1 Like

Yes but not everyone wants a multi bix count and i always found a Nova vs an NDX2/SN3 was marginal, but as always unless its a stepping stone to more boxes.

I’d have to give them a listen, but I’ve a feeling I’d much prefer to have the SN3/NDX2. I’d probably feel much more satisfied that I had a ‘proper’ hifi set up with upgrade potential. The Nova PE does seem like an impressive piece of kit though.

1 Like

Impressive price you mean eh !

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.