Ndx2 with ps555 vs ND555

Probably a ripped CD from the Core via the ND555 compared to Qobuz on the ND555. It’s what one would expect (hires and different masters aside)

Didn’t mean to cause such controversy…All my CDs have been ripped via a unitiserve… onto a HD… but when compared to a hi Rez file on Qobuz… It’s really quite hard to tell the difference… IMHO

In short… Qobuz is amazing :joy:

1 Like

Certainly Mike. Mais oui, bien sûr, as we say here.

1 Like

With you on that one Mike - unbelievable dollars down under

Not going there

1 Like

Ha ha stop it Mike

1 Like

I have ndx2/555drps into 552dr/500dr
Sounds great but admit I never heard nd555
Such a big jump in $, especially having purchase preloved 552/500 in past year
It’s my next move I suspect but I’m happy now so will sit back and read the forum😉
David

1 Like

If streaming is your primary source then yes it’s a worthy upgrade given your amplification IMO.

2 Likes

This thread raises a question -
Has anyone done the route from NDAC + 555PS to NDS + 555PS, when the main use is streaming from CORE and a little streaming from TIDAL and if so - is the cost / benefit worth it?

1 Like

Anybody?

I did the reverse - from NDS/555PS to NDac/555PS. Bought the NDS new and had it for over two years and was streaming from the Unitiserve. I had the CDS3/555PS before changing it to the NDS but after over time with the NDS, I felt that I didn’t like it as much as the CDS3. Decided to sell it when I was able to get a decent price and decided to try the NDac instead and I found the NDac much more to my liking.

4 Likes

Chag

[May '19]

I used to have nDAC and NDS before I traded the latter for ND555. The NDS/555DR combo was better to my ears than nDAC/555DR, although the nDAC firmware update 6.11.8 brought a substantial improvement to the same ears. This is without considering the streaming capabilities that the NDS brings over the nDAC.
In short, a S/H NDS nowadays at 3.5k£, is a no brainer. :nerd_face:

Chag

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.