Need more oomph

So what speaker cable did the dealer bring to swap ?
Curious
Thanks

1 Like

Really glad to hear you are making progress and some of the mystery is being solved.

1 Like

Good to hear indeed. I didn’t recognise the back boxes as subs either. :slight_smile:

Their effect on the sound makes perfect sense. Same reason why auditioning speakers in a room with (too) many other speakers is a bad idea too.

2 Likes

It was Audioquest. Genuinely night and day in the sound dept.
I’ve got a shocking memory, so can’t remember the name of it.
Once I’ve done all I can to combat room acoustics, by moving the subs and re-distributing my acoustic panels, I’ll be giving the speaker cable another go, so I’ll update with the full name of it.

1 Like

Been back to the dealer today. Did demos with a few different bits of kit. Seems that I was being way too critical with the Kanta 3.
The best thing to come of all this is that I now trust the lad in the shop, as he’s been right about everything he’s said. Seems that I owe him cake.

@NigelA10 that speaker cable was audioquest Robin Hood. I was holding off ordering it before I’d had a chance to listen to some of the speakers mentioned above. Now I’m happy that I’ve bought the right speakers for my situation, I’ll probably put an order in.

1 Like

Well thats good to know - Thanks for the update
Have a great Christmas & New Year enjoying your music

1 Like

That’s good news, what was the outcome to improve the setup?

1 Like

It was a combination of things really.

Not necessarily in order of importance was, moving the huge subs away from either side of the speakers.

Removing a mirror from a outcropping wall halfway up the room and moving some accoustic panels from the first reflection points to where the mirror was.

Better mains power supply. Just a different plug socket, nearer the consumer unit and an extension block I made for use with a welder. We’ll be giving it, it’s own spur soon, like we did in our old house.

We’ve been giving the speakers some hammer 12 hours a day, so we’ll no doubt be hearing improvements from them getting closer to being run in.

Fine tuning of speaker position and seating positions.

Last but not least was expectations. Listening to other setups soon put that one to bed today.

It’s been a tough few weeks but I’m starting to feel like it was worth it!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.