Need to identify Phono and AUX Board for NAC 72

Yes, definitely.

It should yes. It buffers the input/output.

@IanRobertM
@Richard.Dane

what if the buffer board is not installed like my photo above?

What will happen ?

Probably more one for @NeilS… I’ve never run without, but I guess it’ll work, just don’t try using the tape in/outs with anything.

@Richard.Dane

So of the 3 DINs that can be freely used only the tuner ?

Cannot use tape IN and Tape OUT?

You mentioned you had been offered this 72 by your friend? How did they use it?

More importantly have you bought it? Because you might find a better more complete one elsewhere.

1 Like

@robert_h

I got an offer, but I haven’t bought it yet.
I hope not to be disappointed if I have purchased and know if there are some boards / modules that are not installed.

When demonstrated, I saw that the CD player connection was to the tuner input, but I wanted to find out if the other functional inputs could also be used

Correct Richard - they are the tape output buffer boards. the only consequence of running without them is no tape outputs. The inputs will still work ok.
In theory, if you don’t use them, it will sound better without them as there is less current drawn from the power supply.
I seem to remember some unofficial advice from somewhere to remove them for that very reason(?)

Regards
Neil.

4 Likes

@Richard.Dane

So if the Buffer Board (NA324) is not installed like my photo above, the only thing that doesn’t work is Tape OUT for recording, right?

While the Tape IN is still functioning normally?

@NeilS

So based on my photo above I can conclude that:

• DIN Tape IN = normal input
  • DIN Tape OUT = output does not work
  • DIN Tuner input = normal
  • BNC AUX input = does not work
  • BNC MM / MC Phono input = does not work

my difficulty is finding boards: NA326, NA322, and NA324 after this …

Neil, thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Does the seller not still have the boards?

1 Like

@Richard.Dane

Yes, he doesn’t have boards yet (324,322 / 323, and 326/328)
do you have it ?

Contact Darran at Class A as he stocks these boards and sells them serviced for less than eBay.

Tom Tom will also have them.

2 Likes

Yes, I have them in my own NAC32.5 pre-amps, but I’m not sure that’s relevant here.

Without the boards I would only consider if the price was very attractive. A pair of phono boards can easily run to £100 secondhand, even before a service, so you need to do your sums carefully.

@Musicianandteacher
thank you, I will contact him shortly

1 Like

@Richard.Dane

Yes, therefore I am very grateful to all in this forum who have helped and provided me with very valuable information.

In such conditions, how much respect will the NAC-72 be?

Because board prices for 322, 326, and 324 are not cheap …

Primemerkava, this was also a helpful thread

I’m not up on current secondhand pricing. If it were me, I’d probably want one with the boards already inside though, unless it was going very cheap.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane
That’s right, that’s a careful consideration, while waiting if there is a board with a reasonable price for used and normal goods

@all

Is my conclusion above correct with the condition of the board that is installed like my photo above ?