Need to identify Phono and AUX Board for NAC 72

Thats Class A Sheffield UK, in case you didnt know.

sorry how ro contact in Naim forum ?
there’s no private messaging ?

You have to use a telephone and call the UK, or send an email. Search the internet to get their contact details.

No, you can’t contact through the forum. And selling or soliciting for wanted items is strictly against forum rules.

As Robert explains above, If you wish to contact Darran at Class A then you can do so either through their website or via phone or email.

2 Likes

@Richard.Dane

ok, I have contacted Mr Darran from Class A by email succesfully
thank you

Before photos of my NAC72 innards before being shipped to the distributer (Focal Naim America) for its 1st service. The engineering in these little marvels from 30 years ago are just a joy to behold. Shout out to Stephano, the Service Manager who was excellent to work with.

2 Likes

Nice close up pics… :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks like there are 2 sets of Phono (*) boards fitted, to this one - based on the first pic…?

(* - or similar such as NA328 V boards)

1 Like

Looks rammed. Just can’t see with what.

1 Like

Anyone know what these things are?

1 Like

Just a set of 325/K phono and 328/2 line level for AUX. I don’t own a record player currently but minus well have all the boards re-capped at once. Still debating whether or not to have the BNC’s converted to RCA’s. I was going to take the tape buffer boards out once the unit comes back, since the word is it’ll sound better, is this true from your experience?

At service ( in the UK anyway), all boards get recapped. Personally I had my bnc swapped for decent rca. But retained the bncs in the box. Just in case.

1 Like

Ok, I claim my Mars Bar, then… :slightly_smiling_face:

Its what might be called a NAC 72 Version 1 - with 2 sets of BNC’s -which shipped with Phono (N 322, S323 or K323) & V (328) boards.

(NAC 72 Version 2 has just 1 set of BNC’s and a DIN input in place of the 2nd set - and has ‘CD’ instead of ‘Aux’ on the front panel)

2 Likes

Some believe those are the components that are the source of the legendary PRAT in the Naim sound. Also known as capacitors :smile:

1 Like

I’ll have open up one of my 72s now. Because I don’t think they were changed…and if caps, I think they would? Bugger, I’m going to have to look now.

1 Like

My understanding is all components are tested during a service and only replaced if out of spec.

They’re capacitors from Roederstein - usually brownish dark red or orange and widely use in earlier Naim kit.

2 Likes

if we recapped, should our unit be brought to Naim UK directly?

Or Class A Sheffield.
Personal drop off at the factory is not allowed.

3 Likes

@robert_h
thank you for information

1 Like

Had to check. My Roederstein caps have all been replaced on no2 72. ( not checked no1 72 yet)

4 Likes