New app update

Can’t see this private reply option, anyone help?

I am not on a Mac, but he said …

so maybe you have to go here to the “iCloud” group on the right hand side, in the middle, of your screenshot?

[screenshot deleted]

You might want to delete those last two postings as they contain info that is best not widely available….

1 Like

True, I had missed that. deleted my copy

Clare. The plot thickens. When I was in Settings I spotted the ‘Reset App’ button so I hopefully tapped that. Bugger! I have lost the Volume Slider at the bottom of the screen which I always used. The plus and minus volume buttons don’t work on my XS2 but the slider did work. Gone now! I checked the Naim app is 5.22.2 and tried the power cycle reset you suggested but no change. I’m hesitant on doing the Factory Reset as the Naim dealer in Auckland originally took a while to set it up and that dealer has now lost the franchise ( claiming dark corporate issues from Naim) plus we are in deep Covid lockdown so no support locally. For your info the Output Settings are set to Din + RSA.What should Input Settings be showing? Will the planned Firmware 3.7.1 realistically fix my Playlist problems?

This is simply an app setting. It’s under Other settings. You tick “bottom bar volume control”.

1 Like

As I explained in my last post I was using the slider control app setting but it still disappeared. I’ve been using the setting for months but it disappeared when I tapped on “reset app’. So currently the ‘bottom bar volume control’ is still ticked under the Other Settings but the slider disappeared. My streamer doesn’t respond to the + and - buttons presumably as my speakers are controlled by Abus switches but it does respond to the slider control on the Settings before they disappeared. I wonder if this disappearance is also indicative of my app going haywire after the recent update.

Ok I don’t have an XS2, but in the app in settings, and other settings, above the bottom bar volume control button is a volume dialogue. If you tap that, you can choose slider or on screen buttons. Obviously you should tick slider.

David. The “Bottom Bar Volume Control’ is tapped and active but above it is ‘Stay Connected’ and below it is “Tap for Options”. There is no Volume Dialogue button. There used to be but that disappeared!

I’m not at home at the moment, but are you using system automation? You could check that those settings are right. They do affect whether a slider volume is offered or not.

Or to put it another way, I think you should make sure system automation is set to off in the app…

David. Sounds promising but you haven’t said which System Auto setting is right. Yes, System Auto is showing it’s activated, it’s showing the setting as Classic and it’s set to Pre-Amp 1. Are these the correct settings or should I set System to Off?

I’m pretty sure that you should set it to off. The only inputs you need to be enabled are the ones you use. I don’t know enough about your system to help further. But you can try changing the settings in the app. You can’t hurt anything!

System automation is for when your streamer is connected to a Naim amplifier for example. In that case you have a 3.5mm jack cable between the streamer and the amplifier.

Assuming you don’t have such a cable, you should turn system automation off.

If System Automation is enabled the volume options do not apply, so they disappear from the settings menu.

Exactly. As I said….:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi David and Chris. Thanks but….! I have turned System Automation off and all Volume Options disappeared! So no Bottom Bar Volume control and no + or - buttons at all. As it happens neither of these ‘controls’ worked but totally gone now with System Automation off. In one of my earlier posts to Clare I did ask if you could go through all of the many settings and tell me what they should all be set to. I never changed any as my system was working OK ( other than my playlist problem) but when I tapped the ‘Reset App’ button it seems to have made changes to my Settings that could be the only thing causing the Volume problem.Thanks.

After turning System Automation off, the Volume Mode should have appeared in Settings > Other Settings > Volume Mode. Is it there? Go in there, most likely this is now set to Fixed after you turned off System Automation. Can you set the Volume Mode to Variable? This should make the volume control options appear.

So Roger if you now go back to settings, it should look something like this?

And if you tap volume control, it should take you to this screen…

What are you now seeing?

This is a Nova but I think your streamer should be similar.

When you tapped “reset app”, that is what it did. So now you have to put all your app settings back as they should be. But it’s no big deal.

What exactly is your streamer by the way? It makes a difference whether it’s for example an ND5 XS or an ND5 XS2.

Firstly guys, your latest advice was great. I followed Suedkiez advice and found it! It fixed the volume issue. Whilst I had always used the Volume Slider which disappeared this time I have written down Suedkiez’s advice for future reference. Can you now turn your techno brains to giving me advice on my Playlist problem in my earlier posts to Clare.
David, my unit is a ND5 XS 2 so the settings you kindly provided look a bit different to mine. Could you send the same equivalent for my ND 5 XS 2 please. Again, many thanks from a grateful ‘kiwi’.

1 Like

I’m glad you have sorted out your volume control issue, which was exactly what all of us were saying actually.

I can’t send you the same photos for an ND5 XS2 as I don’t own one of those, but it will be similar to the Nova.

And regarding playlists, I have no idea as I never use those. But I expect Clare will catch up on this thread tomorrow. (You are getting advice from Naim customers just like you over the weekend, so it all depends who is interested enough to follow the thread).

Unfortunately same for me as David, I am not using playlists in the Naim app at all, so no idea, but I’m sure Clare will be back :slight_smile: