New classic 250s Active

It will be interesting to get your thoughts after today’s visit.

1 Like

Will do……@nigelb from these parts is joining me.

6 Likes

Two of my favourite forum dudes (apart from that Aussie duo in the cafe). Have fun.

2 Likes

Excellent, it will be interesting to read about both your thoughts including what you hear differently to each other. Enjoy the day :sunglasses:

1 Like

Any reports/feedback yet?

Neil

I suppose given the balanced inputs on the New Classic 250 (and future amps) there’s nothing stopping you running a Linn source / Exaktbox with a brace of 250s for active operation ?

2 Likes

Just curious @Cymbiosis - have you been able to try the NC250 in active configuration?

Acoustica have. A search on Google will get an interesting review of NC250s driving Kudos 808.

2 Likes

Just read the review. Interesting, as you say.

Money quote:

While I certainly won’t go as far as saying the new NAP250 outguns a Nap500, it is a deeply impressive amp and three of them active with Titan 808s does. Whether that was the intention of Kudos or just the fact that an active crossover doesn’t suck out a decent proportion of power from even very powerful amps, I don’t know. But I do know that if I owed 808’s I would absolutely have them active.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.