New Digital Transport/Streamer

Which is weird of them, because I had a Linn Unidisk, and it had mostly BNCs. Wonder why they changed that on their streamers?

Are you sure about the Auralic not having BNC output? I just looked at their website, because I am thinking of getting a G1 at some point, and found this

“ Audio Outputs

Digital Outputs : AES/EBU, Coaxial, Toslink
USB Output : USB Host to compatible DAC *** “

Looking at the back view of the G1 shows USB, AES/EBU, Coaxial(BNC), and Toslink. Maybe SJB ,or Toonartist can confirm.

That Coax in the rear pic is an RCA connector, not a BNC.

But all you need an adapter if you have a BNC cable.My old Nordost Heimdall 2 digital cables came with the adapter.

It will work but the impedance mismatch creates reflections in the digital signal

There’s no true 75 ohm cable when using rca connectors

1 Like

Toonartist uses a G1 with an Mscaler/TT2 (like me) and I believe he tried all the outputs, and prefers Toslink from the G1 to Mscaler. Hopefully he will chime in.

1 Like

Well yes according to Chord that is the best input into their Mscaler and Dac as it’s completely isolated electrically

But I find and @Simon-in-Suffolk that BNC Electrical sounds better

Not sure why. Maybe depends on the quality of the optical cable and the streamer itself ?

Otherwise why an auralic?

A google chrome cast audio with optical should be good enough with Bubble upnp server

It’s worth noting that chord used BNC connection between Mscaler and Dave/TT2 and their other DACs

I guess because of Convenience

Personally I really appreciate Naim’s engineering first above all approach.

Why, because I have a Core, but need a streamer without a Dac on-board. I do believe that a better source matters, so the G1 ticks all the boxes for my setup.

The chrome cast audio sampling rate can only max out at 96/24.

1 Like

That applies to most optical outputs

It adds Qobuz but then so does bubble upnp and mconnect for IOS

Not strictly accurate, Canare RCA are 75 ohm and are used by several audio cable providers…

Not so sure about that

It’s not really possible to get 75 ohms in any rca connector despite marketing claims

Have you looked at the Merdian 210? Digital transport/Network bridge that would plug straight into your Chord.

or even an Allo Digione Signature with an LPS?

Primare NP5. Never heared it, I’m a happy Allo Digione User, but if I would start again I might consider an ootb solution like the Primare NP5, the Meridian 210 or the Lindemann Limetree.

Not true.
It can handle 24/192 when using 5Ghz with a strong enough signal, but that performance isn’t guaranteed by any means (mine is completely stable at 24/192).

I know I can get 192/24 out of a MM, but I have never gotten it from a Google Chromecast Audio, maybe it is due to the version of the Chromecast?

If you were using Qobuz, that is limited to 24/96 via Chromecast, so perhaps that’s why. Not sure if other apps have similar limits.

Yes, I am using Qobuz/Roon, that may be it. @ChrisSU, do you why there is that constraint?

Btw, I used to use Audirvana/MM to send optical stream to a Gustard, that way I got 192/24. Btw, I like Audirvana on a MM, but the MM did not look right in my Living room, so I use Roon to stream music instead.