New EBTG album

After a break of 24 years, there is a new album from Everything But The Girl coming next month. It’s called Fuse. How exciting. There is an interview here:

14 Likes

I posted this taster video for Nothing Left To Lose on January 15th as my Song Of The Day.

EBTG added this video for Caution To The Wind to their YouTube channel on February 22nd.

2 Likes

Thanks Geoff, great stuff. They seem to be pretty much taking up where they left off.

Along with new music from Paul Weller new music from EBTG is always my most eagerly anticipated new music their Walking Wounded album along with Wild Wood, Blue Lines by Massive Attack and What’s Going On by MG is probably one of my most played records of all time therefore when I heard EBTG had a new album coming out I was really eager to hear it but unfortunately I was a little underwhelmed.

1 Like

Always great stuff from Tracey and Ben.
Looking forward to the vinyl release.

Already ordered, looking forward to it.

I’ve loved their stuff for so long, right from the days of Marine Girls, that they are like musical heroes to me, and people I’d love to meet. You can buy signed A3 posters of the album cover from their website and I must say, I’m tempted!

3 Likes

Sod it. I’ve bought a signed poster. Whether it will ever be worth anything is beside the point, thought it would be good if it performs like my signed Jeremy Deller poster.

1 Like

I only go back as Eden, Idlewild, Language of Love in the late 80’s early 90’s, but before the Missing era.
Have also followed the solo ventures of both Ben and Tracey.
Had the pleasure of seeing EBTG Live in the early 90’s and then Ben more recently who would always add a EBTG track into his set.

First heard Tracey Thorne on The Style Council’s Cafe Blue and her voice has been with me ever since my partner and I fell in love listening to Walking Wounded and her vocals for Massive Attack are just incredible ‘Better Things’ is one of my all time favourite female vocal tracks.

1 Like

You should try this, if you don’t already have it.

4 Likes

Have liked them both all the way back to Marine Drive. Not to the extent of everything, but they have always done things of interest. Love her solo albums more than his. Weirdly I have always found EBTG the least interesting thing they do. Again though, some is great.

The new single is dull for me. It was there. It passed by. My wife and I looked at each other and said “Nah”.

Thanks HH I’ll look it up.

I thought I hated electronic pop but then I discovered Idlewild. The unique brilliance of this album is very hard to explain but I think it has the core ingredients of all good music, melody, musicianship, soul with a small s. There have been very few months since it came out during which I haven’t listened to at least one track and I still find them captivating. My theory is that all artists have one track or one album of genius. Another example would be Tpau - Bridge of Spies.

1 Like

Great theory but you blew it with the last sentence :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Tracey’s Christmas Album is great as well

1 Like

Indeed it is, Tinsel and Lights. I love her version of the White Stripes song In the Cold, Cold Night.

1 Like

Tinsel and Lights is a wonderful record.

1 Like

EBTG Run A Red Light
Another new track from their future release.

2 Likes