New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Yes, TIDAL Connect is incoming. Just wanted to get this release out first. You have a summer of new streaming options to look forward to…

13 Likes

Just updated my Nova. All went well except had to turn off and restart the iPad for it appear in rooms on the Naim app. All sounds and looks great.

1 Like

Tidal Connect will allow Masters to be streamed in better than CD quality?

No, TIDAL Connect allows you to stream directly from the TIDAL App, rather than natively within the Naim App, should you prefer.

1 Like

Claire I appreciate that this latest release was to sort the bugs and not necessarily a feature update, do you know if there is any intention to upgrade and enhance the screen functionality? it’s a real bugbear of mine.

2 Likes

If you haven’t already suggested it here on the Feature Request thread, please do so - I know the software team read it avidly

2 Likes

I had the same thing with NDX 2. When updated the device disappeared from the list of the rooms and had to be added again.

The Atom I had at the same network updated without any issues

Update went well here on my Atom and everything is working fine so far …
Thank you.

Check that you have “allow when using app” for the Naim app in location services in your iPhone. Apple messed around with that in recent releases and I just found I had to confirm it again when I ran the app on an iphone that had been updated to IOS 14.4.1

Best

David

2 Likes

I am on iPadOS 14.4.1 and I updated the firmware on my ND5 XS2 with no issues.

1 Like

As I understood from information in the Hi Fi press, Tidal Connect would allow the IOS or Android app to unfold the MQA Master and send to a streamer that has Tidal Connect. If that’s not the case I think I’ll go for Qobuz.

All great with me after update to v 3.6.0 and working fine with iOS 14.4.1. On ND5XS2.
Thanks everyone at Naim

1 Like

Likewise with my Atom and NDX2. Thanks to all involved!

1 Like

Trying to update my Nova and it downloaded and updated ok, but it has been sitting doing nothing with the power button flashing very slowly for 20 mins now. Any thoughts anyone?

All seems to be fine with my ND555. It took only 3mn to update. I would be curious to know impact on SQ and whether functionalities have been added. Cheers -

Have just updated my Uniti Star
Took about 5 mins
All working well
Many Thanks

The list of changes is here (and was posted by Richard in the first post of this thread), it is nearly exclusively bugfixes to get rid of the annoying issues:

Ok replying to myself. After half an hour of watching the power button flashing slowly, I looked at the Nova’s IP address and went there with my web browser. The Nova black web server screen popped up saying it was on the new firmware.

So I pulled the power out of the Nova, left it a few seconds and put the power in again. I got a normal looking start up then it showed “updating” in the screen for a few seconds, then sat there just saying Naim.

So I looked in the app and connected to the Nova. Now it is playing music again…

Not sure what happened there…

Best

David

2 Likes

555 and Atom both updated without a hitch over here in Tokyo. I have cleaner Bass through the 555…Without a shadow of doubt. Not my imagination. Mrs Nick pretty sure too, without prompting. Edit: Listening to ‘Joy Inside My Tears’ , quite different in a very good way.

Just updated my 1 months old Nova, it sounds better than ever. Many thank’s to all at Naim!

1 Like