New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

I haven’t heard a lift in volume after I applied 3.6 firmware but I do run my Qutest at 1v RMS into the 282.

I just got my first random reboot on my NDX2. It seems 3.6 hasn’t fixed the issue.

I think it’s more to do with folks turning their systems off and the cleaning action with the on/off switches cleaning the contacts, that and the placebo effect, it will all wear off and go back to normal in a few days time…

I’ve turned the system off before with no difference in sound.
The latest update has definitely changed the sound on my system for the better. Definition and bass are both improved.

1 Like

I had my first ever random reboot after a few minutes with the 3.6 firmware update, never experienced this before with all the previous updates on both my players. My NDX 2 hasn’t done it since i’ve done it’s first ever factory reset which seems to have done the trick. Been plugged in since June last year, with no issues, prior to this however.

1 Like

Could someone point me to the factory reset procedure?

There is a button pressing sequence but you can do it via the front panel / settings menu

G

2 Likes

Thanks @GraemeH

If I understand it correctly, I have to :

• switch off both power supplies
  • press and hold PLAY and INPUT
  • switch back on the power supplies
  • hold the buttons until the display turns on

Correct?

1 Like

Correct Thomas. You then select ‘set up new product’ and couple the remote.

Good luck. I did it yesterday and it got stuck looking for the firmware. A few back and forth moves on the ipad cleared it though.

G

Thanks! :smiley:
I don’t really “need” to reset, but hope it could do something to the sound…

1 Like

I updated shortly after it was released and I still hear the improvements. I’ve powered down several times during that time too.
I hear similar improvements to JohnF above.
Cheers,
Mark

1 Like

“Uh oh” says the software group, as they try to find a corner to hide in.

This is not fully correct. There was never just the one problem causing reboots. Some of these problems were fixed in previous updates, many more were fixed in 3.6. That there is at least one remaining does not mean that 3.6 didn’t fix any. E.g., I had some in the past but have not had any at all after switching to the beta version that eventually became 3.6.

The guy has had a reboot. Doesnt matter how many causes of the reboots there are if he has had one then its not fixed.

1 Like

I just wanted to point out that there was always more than one, so even if one remaining is one too many, I felt that “It seems 3.6 hasn’t fixed the issue.” was too broad a brush. (If the mark when we call it “fixed” means that there never must be any crash at all, then this might never become true, and it is not true for nearly all computer-based systems in the world)

1 Like

Trust you have contact NAIM support so that the boffins can try to replicate your issue and solve it…

Good luck, Paul

Everything went smoothly. It’s a pretty straightforward procedure.
Not sure it’ll solve my “edginess” problem…

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but that could be nuanced :wink:

I’ve been working in environments with “up-times” of nearly half a decade, that were stopped only for replacement. And this is rather common. Embedded systems, one task systems, regulation systems, etc. Most “real time” systems in critical environments simply don’t “crash”.

Even general purpose operating systems can be extremely stable (like some BSD based OSs).