New Focal & Naim App

“No Rooms found”
Unitiqute 1 (not modified with 192kHz board).
Wired ethernet
Cisco Catalyst 2960G 8 port switch
Sky ER115 residential gateway for the Wi-Fi
Samsung Galaxy S20+5G mobile telephone handset (all latest software)
No NAS as such just use my day to day desktop PC
Everything within a few metres line of sight.

I can barely read the screen on the Qute as it is so degraded and dim but it ‘sees’ the Asset 7.4 instance.
Wi-Fi is working for other Android
Use Existing Settings : continuous looking for rooms
Set up new device: UQ appliances not listed
Set up by IP: Not found
Network scan: Not found
Steps taken. Browser to IP address of UQ1. OK
Browser to IP address of router: OK, listed as connected
Rebooted UQ1. Rebooted residential gateway
Rebooted Asset and rebooted PC (both not necessary as the UQ has to connect first before streaming is even an issue)
I was getting so irate I nearly tutted loudly.
“It couldn’t be my mobile telephone handset” I thought, “because I can use the Wi-Fi for other things”.
RESOLUTION: rebooted the mobile telephone handset and the UQ was detected straight away.
Cool story brah, etc

Welcome - dangerous territory in which to make your first post :wink:

2 Likes

Needs a better icon, without glasses the only thing I see is focal and Naim is almost not readable.

All my speakers are from focal and I like the brand, also Naim electronics is on two of my systems. So I am good with both brands, but the icon of the app is not their best work.

In the middle of some other apps is a little of a shame in design. The focal logo is great, why not use the logos, I believe a designer could do better than text difficult to read on a black background.

3 Likes

That’s a good point it is a little hard to read, luckily for me I use the beta groups app it’s blue and much easier to see/locate.

The very point I have made twice above.

Thank you.
On the app tho’, I find it work better and smoother with iOS on my ipad than with android on my samsung phone.

I have a couple of Muso QB’s (Mk1’s) and an NDX2.

App (iOS) is working well for me but if I have been playing something off the server (a Synology NAS + Asset R7.4) on one device and then select another device the album currently playing on the first device appears - albeit only initially - in the play queue screen of the other device.

I don’t remember this behaviour before.

Best,

John

I have just discovered a problem with the new app on my NDX2. Some of the songs in my “Tracks” list on Tidal have disappeared. Also, if I add new songs to the “Tracks” list, they don’t appear.
All seems fine when I use the Tidal app. So, the problem is with the Naim app it seems.

Since the new app I have to log into Tidal each day anew. Most odd.

EDIT: Since I posted this all has worked perfectly. Also odd but I’ll take it :slight_smile:

Installed the new app on two devices. On one of them I seem to have got into a situation from which I cannot escape. It seems to be showing a playlist with a dozen items on it. I can play these OK, but I cannot get back to a list of all my music (there are a lot more items on that). If I press Home then I get to the screen that lets me select between things like Favourites, iRadio, UPnP, USP/iPod etc., and when I select UPnP it goes back to that list of a dozen items. I can’t see any way of exiting the playlist (assuming that is what it is - it calls it [List Tracks] and getting back to the list of all my music.
Working OK (mostly) on my phone, thankfully, but not on my Lenovo tablet. All using Android.
Any clues?
Thanks
Steve

Kill the app, restart the tablet, then restart the app?

What - every time I want to change to another view?

No! Once, to get it to work normally for you like it does for most other people.

Missus isnt happy with the latest update. This is what she sees on Tidal on her Mu-So Qb. This is supposed to be the track view. :confounded:
Phone (Android) has been rebooted.

OK, thanks, I’ll give it a try.
Cheers
Steve

beside the UPnP issue which I am experiencing as well, I think there are still a number of glitches in the UI:
If you select Qobuz and search for let’s say U2, you are presented with albums from U2.
Selecting one and pressing the back button, you would expect to see the list of U2 albums. But them (Focal)-Naim App shows all albums. Just when you select the search field, the search results are shown again.
iOS 16 / Naim 6.01

Hi…
I have a problem with the App that doesn’t store TIDAL favorite albums. When I add it to TIDAL I don’t find it on the Naim App. Anyone have the same problem?

1 Like

The app is working perfect for me. Not using any streaming services.

That is not the case with me it returns to the previous artist list.

I have had the same problem storing favorite albums on Qobuz in the Naim app. Haven’t tried Tidal