New forum list by newest post vs newest thread

Unless I’m stupidly missing something, the new forum seems to offer listings by newest post, not by newest thread as was the case in the old forum. I find the old way much easier to navigate since you could first find the thread you want to look at, and then click on it to view all its’ posts in ascending date order. Any chance of an option to sort by thread? Thks - Bob

A related point - is it possible to configure the forum to go to the latest post of a thread instead of the first, when you select the thread? (to save having to scroll or use the ‘jump to’ option - especially useful when on a mobile device)

I read the forum mostly on my iPhone and whenever I select a thread, I invariably get taken to the first unread post in that thread. So it works perfectly for me. I wonder why it doesn’t work like that for you?
Best

David

As David says, it takes you to the last unread post, which is the logical configuration I guess. If you want to go to the end it should just be a swipe (or two) away.

Makes sense if that’s what it does.

I’ll take a closer look :grinning:

you can scroll the vertical line on the right, from the first date to the last.

After some experimenting, it seems to happen when I use the search facility. Otherwise, the behaviour is indeed to take me to the last read post.

I haven’t checked whether it’s do with:
whether

• I’m tracking, muted etc. or
  • I’m logged in or not

You’ll need to be logged in for it to take you to the last post you read.

1 Like