New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I know, Matt - despite being the most affected, you are being much more measured than others here. For which, along with your patience, I thank you.

I will share concrete info when I have it - it’s so much more useful than a plan we could be forced to tear up due to yet another 2021 variable.

2 Likes

……I have a cunning plan…………

2 Likes

The problem here, is that if Naim share their plan (cunning, or otherwise…) - people will (try to) hold them to it… :thinking:

Its a no-win situation, all round. But ‘shouting’ will not change anything. If anything, its likely to make Naim less willing to share information.

Just my view… YMMV, etc.

2 Likes

Have there been no UK shipments yet, then? (just curious - I have not ordered a Solstice).

1 Like

To recap many posts above… All UK demo units are designed to land at same time. That time should (hopefully) be soon.

1 Like

But… before the next Solstice… :rofl:

2 Likes

Winter or summer?

As a lighthearted aside, saw this in the news this morning - that’s Nestle (market capitalisation = $330 billion+) not knowing if it’ll be able to get a festive favourite into stores this Christmas.

1 Like

And to fuel the supply shortage fire German industrial production figures were out this morning and fell a shocking 4% (expectations were 1/2% fall) it can be a volatile series but last year it is a rise of just 1.7% (expectations were for a 5% rise), you would expect much more after the fall during lockdown, and this the powerhouse of Europe.

Even while I write panic buying of Quality Street is underway and Nestles sales are soaring.

Of course, the real brains behind most companies is in the PR department.

I can certainly see that it is difficult to arrange things so that all dealers in any one area get their units at the same time, and impossible to arrange for all dealers world-wide to get simultaneous deliveries, unless you build all 500 under wraps and then deliver in one fell swoop. Though I can also see that it is somewhat galling for those in the UK waiting for units to appear to be, possibly, the last to get them (I don’t know whether other areas are going to be waiting longer than the UK customers). But these things are really difficult to orchestrate, along with transport difficulties and component availability.

UK customers are not going to be the last to get Solstice. As noted from the start, this is a gradual rollout over many months. Plenty more to come once the UK has had its first allocation.

1 Like

That is of course a great disappointment since we are so good at queuing! :flushed: :scream: :zipper_mouth_face: :innocent:

2 Likes

Hey @Naim.Marketing :wave:t2:

This afternoon I’ve pre-ordered this…

…just saying :wink::+1:t2::blush::upside_down_face::joy:

2 Likes

You can’t possibly believe that is going to arrive in time for Xmas………

1 Like

I’m a natural optimist!

One way or another I WILL be playing this record on Christmas Eve with a mince pie and a large glass of Sherry. Hopefully I’ll have had chance to get the hang of the Aro2 by then :face_with_raised_eyebrow::scream:

1 Like

Are you taking the Michael…….i think you are queue jumping😉

3 Likes

It’s rather boringly easy to use with the integrated tonearm lift.

It does not have the little latch that Rega arms have to secure the arm on its rest. We have no one at home who’d likely dislodge it however. Nevertheless I’m in the habit of keeping the tonearm lift “up” whenever not playing a record, “just in case.”

I assume there is no disadvantage or damage being done by this @Naim.Marketing

1 Like

Is it not possible to buy an optional arm lock?
Like that one on Amazon?

Yep, no problem at all, and a very wise precautionary measure