New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

there is something mildly distracting with the logo dead centre and the large platter off to the left. I know it cannot be helped, but still.

3 Likes

Bart since I am also Stateside I am taking note of your acrylic lid solution. My SSE will also be on top of a Fraim and I want to find a cover for it.

In the spirit of this thread, I reached out to my dealer to see about an update for my tt. I was told October, and am curious if my timeline will be pushed down the road.

Keeping everything crossed!

Word on the street is that UK dealers get their demo stock TODAY - so maybe it’s not so far off

Word on street not entirely accurate… but as previously noted, i’ll update everyone once they’ve all left the building.

2 Likes

They could have put the logo at one side and on top of the plinth instead of dead centre on the front. I think something like that would have worked better.

For instance buttons on one side and logo on the other. In which case I would have put the logo to the left and buttons to the right.

I wouldn’t want speed or any other controls on the right side at the top of the plinth. That’s just asking for trouble with people taking out that exposed stylus accidentally. There is a reason most TTs locate those buttons away from the business end of the tonearm.

With a separate power supply you really don’t need any buttons on the deck itself. It’s a lot tidier that way. The oddest thing for me is the slab of plastic on the front, but hey ho.

3 Likes

You still want speed control (33 and 45 RPM)

Look back at the Armageddon, this is the height of convenience in comparison.

I was thinking of my Rega, where stop/start and 33/45 are both on the Neo PS.

1 Like

Yeah, all the Clearaudio tables have speed control switching on the plinth, and it may be that it’s tied to the OSC hardware and logic.

In any case, putting any kind of controls near the headshell can be a recipe for disaster, IMO, especially after a couple of IPAs. :wink:

1 Like

Point taken. However, one shouldn’t play with such expensive things after too many ipas :sweat_smile:

Is that a PSA to say one must have a designated driver for enjoying their system after happy hour starts? :thinking:

1 Like

I find it more elegant and easy to touch buttons directly on the turntable, rather the power supply, which stands lower.

3 Likes

I agree with that. You already have to interact with the TT to make it play (even if just to cue the arm), so would make sense for the other controls to be on that.

2 Likes

Enjoying the music. Lovely really. Fixed the orientation of the pic.

27 Likes

Don’t let that distract you from the wonderful view out of the ceiling!

1 Like

Looking forward to a demo with my Superline.

Anybody aware of any Naim recommended loadings for the Superline with the cartridge supplied with the Solstice or any experience of such?

Richard

I am delighted to say the first batch of Solstice units for the UK - including demo units for all applicable dealers - are sitting in Goods Out ready to ship today.

Obviously we do not know retailers’ plans for that stock - that’s entirely up to them!

Several retailers are planning Solstice demo events, too.

18 Likes

Excellent news - looking forward to seeing some UK member installations and impressions.

1 Like