New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Thanks for your response and it’s great i can use my superlumina with solstice

chooga chooga chooga woo woo !

37 Likes

Thank you……Casey Jones :blush:

4 Likes

Studio hifi , the dealer. They give each year a week Naim show. I hope they will have the solstice during that week.

It is a Powerline Lite (with UK models), upgradeable to Powerline at your leisure.

2 Likes

The 5~5 DIN cabling is good news, because you can use SL if you like. Not possible with SuperLine, since there is no 4-5 DIN SL cable.

That seems totally imbalanced and a bit ridiculous. A £16,000 turntable with a £95 power cable. That really is a bit stingy Naim! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m sure anyone actually ending up owning one will have a few lying around in a spares box somewhere :grin:

3 Likes

I feel you are a bit unfair, as the price for the entire package seems to be already low.

3 Likes

Don’t say that. It only encourages them to increase the prices.

3 Likes

I fully agree - I’d expect a full beans PowerLine for £16k…. At the very least that should be part of the “Special Edition” package :roll_eyes::wink:

3 Likes

Production cost probably 20.

2 Likes

It’s not a £16,000 turntable, though - it’s a £16,000 package… Technically, Powerline Lite is only for the Power Supply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ONLY the power supply?!? ….Slippery Slope! :joy::joy:

All the more reason to include the full powerline id suggest - it’s being sold with a compromise built in…

Ideally the supplied Powerline lite will just go into the Garage unopened - Maybe Naim could do a special deal on the PowerLine for package purchasers??

I’m sure your dealer will be happy to discuss it! :grinning:

To power the £16,000 turntable package! I just think it’s a bit of an ‘own goal’ Clare. A high end product like this surely should have the commensurate level of power cable. If I bought an Aston Martin, I would expect a leather key fob, not a plastic one…

2 Likes

I think you’re doing the Powerline Lite a disservice with that comparison…

I agree - and if ever there was a signal that this is not intended to be “top of the range” then this little revelation is it!

500DR
552DR
555PS

…all bundled with Powerlines.

So the comparison is even easier. If I was buying a top of the range Naim component, I’d expect a powerline.

4 Likes

Sheesh!

There’s nothing stopping you from purchasing one. I rather suspect the alternative for Naim was to raise the price by the cost of a Powerline. Would it make you feel better if it was 17K UKP but came with a Powerline?

And a question: Don’t you think Naim would have tried both?

2 Likes

The point is - it’s a package. I’d rather it was £16500 and came with a powerline, yes. It’s being sold as a bit of an antidote to fiddling about and tweaking - yet to get the best out of it I need to upgrade the powerline. Not a big deal, but not consistent with the story.

Yes. What’s the point you’re making? …that in development Naim judged that the full powerline doesn’t make any positive difference? …that’s a whole can of worms!

1 Like