New house - UST projector, speaker placement

Moving house next summer, and the current projector with retracting screen is very nice, but is getting more difficult with the kids growing up.

The new laser ultra short throw projectors seem very nice. My plan is to install a fixed screen and paint the back wall in the same color. The cabinet will be wall wide and will perhaps incorporate the ust projector out of sight.

So, looking at the following picture, the setup would be somewhat similar. Will placing my Ovator S400s in front of such a low cabinet cause big issues?

IMG_6964

Thanks, Rex

1 Like

UST Projector mounted in or on the cabinet with Electric pop up screen

Use 4k Front Projector with 150inch Acoustic transparent screen myself with speakers behind the screen ( L/C/R )
Screen opens/closes in 30seconds via wireless trigger from projector or voice activated

Nice. Pictures? Which UST did you end up with?

I am using a ceiling mounted retractable screen at the moment and did notice the cabinet enclosed ones. How is the noise during those 30 seconds? I am thinking of going with a normal screen because I don’t like the noise of my current one.

Use a front projector. UST do not have the light output for screens above 100inch
150inch screen requires much higher light output & UST projections are all 4K not Full fat 4K UHD

Rip my Blurays to HDD in a Zidoo UHD800 media server & upscale to 8k

No no, missing the point, I have a 4k front projector and want to get rid of it.

Did try a few UST Projectors LG , Hisense , JMGO none had the light output or Full 4k UHD

I know, short throw should not be compared to a normal projector though. It is a market on its own. It is a big screen tv replacement without the negative effect of direct light and with easier placement.

And the epson and just released samsung go pretty high in their light output, making them good enough with ambient light.

1 Like

I’ve just postponed buying an UST projector for the gardenhouse because if I would have bought what I wanted it was over 5k Euros - it feels to much yet.

Rex, what budget do you have in mind if I may ask?

1 Like

7 years ago I spent 6500 on the 4k hdr lamp beamer and screen. The beamer is dying, the screen we find too present and noisy. And 7 years later we created three kids that will soon want to enjoy the big screen as well. And not in the dedicated way I and my wife did 7 years ago…

Laser projectors are better for random use, just like normal tv’s, as they don’t suffer from being turned on and off often.

So, for the new house, I am considering the ust and have thought to let plaster a couple of frames on the wall, one of which containing a fixed ALR screen. Low cost solution, giving room for the ust budget. The Epson 800 is reasonably priced, the new Samsung 9 pretty expensive as well as the Leica.

Around 6. Lot of figuring out in the entire remodeling budget anyway, so we’ll see (moving from North East to South West is no bargain ;))