New in the Naïm world

It’s just the simple equation: happy wife, happy life.

3 Likes

My wife LOVES my SBLs. They go against the wall!

1 Like

You wrote, “The 7 seem to be little bit small, with atc i would look to the 19 minimaly.”

The recommendation was based on the original post where spending for amp and speakers were set at "max €2000 so need to go secondhand. The 19’s are priced at $3999.00 in the USA new and do not see them come on the used marked to often. So the more affordable and excellent SCM7 along with the ProAC Tablette I thought was more in line with the original poster’s financial guidelines.

1 Like

My wife loves the look of the Allaes and SL2s but many years ago I suggested a pair of SBLs and this was a BIG no, oh well.

1 Like

You are right, i was so exited to talk about ATC that i forgot the budget. And its true, the 7 is an amazing speaker for sure if you dont want to pay for a 19 or a 11. Because when you have an established budget, you appreciate what you have. I dont want to be rigid with my statement about the 19.
The 7 will be very bass shy but i would choose it before many other bookshelf of this price because the sound is very involving with Naim. The pleasure will be there for sure !

I have some scm40 and i would like to have some 50. But the price is too high for me, so i appreciate a LOT my 40 :blush:

1 Like

Are you saying that when buying, say, a new piece of furniture you ignore your wife‘s aesthetic preferences and just get what you like best?

3 Likes

I like how you give the i in Naim a 2 dots.

Of course not, we choose everything together. WAF is to me a patronising description of women with the implication that they are too stupid to consider how well things work and only make choices on appearance.

Ah, fair enough if that‘s your interpretation HH. I take a slightly different slant on it. To me if “the wife” accepts something then it must be good because she sets the bar high. If aesthetics are so important to her, that doesn’t make her stupid or any less able to choose the best sounding system.

4 Likes

That’s not my interpretation. Mine is that there needs to be negotiation in terms of looks and finances.

I would love to get any of the women who live with me into HiFi, my wife has NO interest and my daughters are happy with their phones …sigh.

2 Likes

It simply sounds patronising to me. Ask a woman and see what she says. Ask a gay man. Is there a HAF?

In all honesty HH I think you are being over sensitive. I think it is a humourous way to cover a process that most of us are familiar with. But we are all intitled our own POV.

6 Likes

Yes, they do match the curtains.

8 Likes

I had a look at some ex demo Kanta’s, lovely speakers I thought. My wife however laughed with great vigour. I put the bins out and that was the end of the matter.

5 Likes

Casual sexism has no place in this world. Perhaps some think it’s ok. Perhaps they should think a bit harder.

I recall you slamming me for using the word “wifey” while referring to my own wife of 31 years, which in my view is obviously affectionate. Strange…

1 Like

Without a shadow of a doubt!

Then you need to brush up a bit on your understanding of the acronym. It implies that in the partnership of marriage, the spouse’s opinion is equally important and that decisions are made together. How you twist that into “patronising” is a complete mystery for everyone who read your take on the matter. Whatever…

5 Likes

OK then, let’s do precisely that:

Me - “Hi honey, what do you think of these speakers I’m looking at, do you think they would they go well in the living room”

Her - “STOP PATRONISING ME YOU TYRANNICAL MALE CHAUVINIST PIG!”

Yeah, I can see your point now.

1 Like

I asked my wife what she thought of the term. Patronising and sexist was her response. Nobody with a modicum of sense says ‘the wife’ or ‘wifey’ but if you think it’s fine to behave as though it’s the 1940s then carry on.

1 Like