New NAC 252, low volume not perfect balance

Thank you for clearing that up. I’ll scratch that off my list of life’s concerns. :joy:

2 Likes

You can actually pull the knob off the spindle and re-insert it, so that the diode is in the middle, when balance is as needed :slight_smile:
Had to do it to my 252 when I bought it.

Right, but see Neil’s explanation. That is counter to factory calibration. You gotta do what suits you, but I prefer to leave the 12 o’clock position as signal balance per factory.

I think that Adam is saying that you can centre the knob LED at 12 o’clock even if you need the balance set at 2 o’clock (for example) to suit your room, by refitting the knob at that position.

Some may have a compulsion to have the preamp look “correct” by having the knob at TDC so to speak.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

That makes sense as a cosmetic preference. I don’t think it’s something I need to do. I restored my control to factory setting.

I am curious of the technique for fitting the knob at 12o clock with the perfect signal balance at the factory. I have an sn3 and the signal center was off 2 oclock. Is this normal ? can it be harmfull with the time ?

But that just wouldn’t look right unless both knobs had the LEDs in the same position…and to think that some people only crank the volume up to 11…

That is indeed what I was trying to say / write