New Naim Audio Website

Well, they are not listed. But John Lewis and Richer Sounds are.

@Cymbiosis - best you check…

Moorgate Acoustics are OK though… As are TomTom.

Please Test Your Naim Dealer…!!!

1 Like

Think there needs to be a beta test group for the website.

5 Likes

Well, that’s why I started the thread…

2 Likes

Richard, using the dealer look up, the nearest dealer to the location entered, does not return the nearest dealer in distance order. It inserts “Focal powered by Naim” dealers first. There may be an intention to highlight the Focal stores, but the look up should work correctly, with the nearest by distance.
I tried several locations in East Anglia and East Midlands - the list has three dealers 150km away when you search Leicester or Rearsby, but no mention of Cymbiosis, if I am not mistaken. I am sure Peter and the @Cymbiosis team are still on the radar for some of us!
Distances in km rather than miles!

4 Likes

@sound-hound - See my post above… :astonished:

You just beat me too it!

Looks like you checked North - South; i checked East - West.

Best SH

1 Like

Does not catch my eye when I click on the site the twirling man is a distraction and does give me much reason to go further.

The site displays a car is Naim now selling them?

Perhaps have time to dive into the site later but not to inviting from the opening page.

Steady…

1 Like

Thanks I was able to find it … it’s there!
But it would be nice to have access to all the old manuals like it used to be.

3 Likes

Some of the content is pretty out of date.

The XS3 page talks about it being upgradeable with a power supply, but there is no longer one in the range.

The Upgrade Path page talks about the HDX and " The recent introduction of our first stand-alone digital to analogue converter, the DAC, opens up the available upgrade options further for those sources with a digital output."

I’m not sure if comments on content are appropriate?

Personally I found the site pleasant enough, nice in fact! Though I have no accessibility issues (epilepsy, or vision impairment). I sometimes try websites with a screen reader, it will be interesting if the standard Android screen reader works ok on it.

3 Likes

The comparator shows me German. No offence but should be English.

3 Likes

It’s been built by someone who knows nothing at all about Naim and no-one who knows anything at all about Naim has checked it.

5 Likes

Richard p.s. now doing it on all pages I load e.g. go in to Separates and try and scroll and Uniti pages appear (as page-1 load). It’s W10 (all updates), with Edge, on a laptop.

Hopefully this is stage one, of two. Where stage two is a content refresh :smiley:

No, I just checked the Dealers that I have used - so Cymbiosis, TomTom - and Moorgate by association with Class A.

David, please could we keep the posts constructive. thanks.

I managed to register a new 500DR purchase today on the new site but not without some head scratching!

Thanks HL. Hopefully the development team will see and investigate.

Naim Story - the pages do not seem to fit the screen, see right hand side.
Tried changing to 80% mag - same. Right hand side is being cut off.

(on Win 11 PC, using Chrome).

A rather obvious shortfall… IMO.

1 Like