New Naim & Focal what?

:grin:

1 Like

Ditto, peak value and repairability, dare I say and boogie too (ducks for cover)
Martin
Just installing my supercap :open_mouth:

1 Like

Our Moderator must be otherwise engaged. The last of these threads (identical) was deleted within hours of its appearance.

You must have delivered!!

1 Like

If they are not rumours or some online leaked info or components pics, it should be fine.

I would presume once there are teasers out that this is exactly the sort of speculation (dare I say hype) that is hoped to occur.

What we probably know so far is

1. A 272 replacement
  2. A streamer above NDX2 level (or replacement)
  3. White is the new green
  4. Statement / muso volume knobs
  5. An active speaker or speakers with Naim amplification and perhaps even Naim streaming.

No. 5 would be interesting (to me ) if it was in the price range of Dutch 8C.

.sjb

3 Likes

No, I’m here and watching carefully. Of course, should anyone try to post any rumours for any “leaked” info or images then yes, the thread will quickly be pulled.

Bear in mind that no Naim product officially exists until it has been officially announced by Naim - plenty can change right up until the 11th hour…

11 Likes

Or, she’s easily impressed, not sure yet!

2 Likes

…excellent restraint on the part of our moderator. Allowing the excitement to build whilst watching for anything revelatory that might spoil the announcement :blush:

1 Like

New products is certainly good news

Yes, Rowan Atkinson’s Blackadder would have had an appropriate fox analogy.

1 Like

Traditionally the Bristol Show is the launch for new product so February 24th will be the date!

Interesting to see how anything might fit with the statement that Naim are discontinuing all active systems - however the wording of that statement doesn’t of itself preclude something new. This from another thread:

CES launch on January 5th. I guess this is where Naim target another release shortly.

2 Likes

Hopefully something new. A love child between the statement and grande utopia would be an interesting combination (with streaming capability).

I saw that thread, maybe they are making room for the new active line. Technology has moved on.

1 Like

Well from the looks of things we know whatever it is is black not anniversary tin coloured lol. I’m super excited mainly for what any new product could mean for the second hand market.

2 Likes

Well, new products should be an exciting proposition.

It would seem entirely sensible for Focal/Naim to pool collective resources/experience and collaborate on an active speaker of some kind. It would also seem possible that the active power amp circuitry might be incorporated into the speakers themselves.

The potential issues for existing customers with strong pre-power combinations would be whether or not such an active speaker would be an affordable proposition with tangible benefits rather than change just for the sake of it, plus of course the sonic characteristics of a new speaker though I’d imagine there would be many gains on paper.

Let’s just hope any new offerings suit a range of budgets and are not simply very high-end. It would also be a shame to see separates ranges dwindle especially for those who’d prefer a different sonic signature by using a different speaker.

Some kind of modular design might also be nice if you could gradually upgrade the amplification from time to time.

2 Likes

A Naim active speaker would be an interesting product around the NAP500 amp level and easy integration with existing pre amps

1 Like

I think everyone is getting a bit over excited here.

3 Likes

Noting wrong with a bit of over excitement, (allegedly), although I find myself underwhelmed by the ideas being discussed here. So far, my money is safe!

2 Likes