New Naim & Focal what?

Badly worded, I wondered also but I interpreted it as the 250 is an all-in-one with a beefier PSU and DR more like a 300. The soft-start feature looks like a larger transformer etc. Still toroidal it seems so better keep the DC-blockers.

This is the entertainment I was seeking. :rofl:

2 Likes

The NSC222 has an onboard phono stage. The power supply is for any new classic source or pre-amp.

The 250 is an updated version in the new styling, has soft start and is back compatable, but seems to have new connectors? The NAC222 has a mini statement volume control with a fixed steady balance and fine volume control (praise the Lord :clap:).

I don’t mind the evolution of features I just wanted green lights :cry:

Maybe they are for the more expensive ranges :sob:

3 Likes

Only MM though.

1 Like

Balanced audio?

Backwards compatible but presumably you’d need some fancy new interconnects?

All very exciting I must say.

But almost 15kg for a 222 reads like an internal PSU - like the 272.

1 Like

balanced inputs on the 250, could not find anything about 222 outputs.

1 Like

I have plenty of :popcorn: :wink:

Happy to swap a few for any no longer loved 252s :joy:

2 Likes

They’ll have to pry my 252 from my cold, dead hands.

7 Likes

Yes, an internal power supply and an optional external PS (that will work on other new classic sources and pre-amps).

If multiple PSUs can be added maybe a bit like using 2 HICAPs? Maybe some hope for my Supercap DR…

That’s the spirit!

2 Likes

Mine is in the attic. The volume assembly is loose and on top of that I sold the SC with the 52.

I going to send it in for a service and then try to trade it in.

The 222 pic doesn’t look so appealing. I hope it’s better in person.

1 Like

The 222 has the same headphone output as the Atom HE it seems, which certainly makes it an appealing lower box setup with the new 250 and the additional PS option. But how much does it cost, And what will happen to the 282……

1 Like

When I bought my first SCDR of two, after I got it the seller realized he had a 252 to sell with no SC, and tried to get me to buy his 252 also. It’s not the one I bought. I ultimately ended up with @Bart’s after he traded it in for a 552.

1 Like

Naim already discontinued the 202. It wouldn’t shock me if they discontinued the 282 and 252 as well, in favor of the new streaming pre, with one or two PSUs as upgrades. They might even design it to disable all the digital bits electrically when using an analog input (i.e. phono). Want a distinct analog only pre, then there is the 552.

Will be interesting once reviews come to how the 222 compares with the NDX2 and respective power supply options. But I agree that the range will be simplified, Naim will have run the numbers of what return is in with the higher classic range.

1 Like