New Naim Radio stations plus a radio upgrade for all Naim streaming systems

I saw the comment near the start of the thread that the regular bbc channels were getting a quality boost. For me they are still only reporting mp3 quality @ 128 Kbps. Have I misunderstood something?

Select BBC Radio stations are available as ‘HD’ variants (@320kbps) - I’m listening to BBC Radio 4 HD right now on my first gen Mu-so Qb in the kitchen. All discoverable on iRadio.

(Nothing Naim has done; this has been the case for a while)

Hi Clare. I remember when BBC HLS was introduced at 339kb. It seems now that it shows as 339 when in fact it’s now 48/320, which seems a bit odd. It would be nice if the two tied up. I recall a R3 flac trial a while ago. Is BBC flac going to appear at some point! Thanks.

Good morning Clare. One question: but if I had the internet stations (various Radio Paradise, etc. etc.) stored in my presets, these new increased quality radios I find them automatically replaced or do I have to do it all over again? I mean in the first generation QB Muzzle … Thanks.

Thanks Clare, but you have added to my confusion as Radio 4 shows up as 128 Kbps for me and none of the bbc stations are any higher. This is through the internet radio tab on the Naim All. Is the iradio that you mention a different App? Could it be because I am not in the UK?

You need to replace them if they’re hires as the urls will be different

1 Like

I am accessing via the Naim App. May well be region specific, but I’m no expert - paging @Stevesky who is!

Very nice :+1:t3:

1 Like

Nice!

2 Likes

Yes it’s because you are not in the UK. The BBC only makes the HD streams available to UK-based streamers.

Best

David

1 Like

Not working very well on my trusty HDX.

Naim Classical plays pop music, Naim Jazz plays rock music and Naim Radio won’t play anything and reports a BBC HLS error. The icons are also scrambled.

Same problem on both the n-Serve app and the HDX front panel.

I’ve updated the firmware for my Nova this morning and indeed the radio streams now show up as FLAC, rather than OGG.

1 Like

I seem to recall the BBC R3 FLAC trial was for the Proms a couple of years ago. Very good it was too — a real feeling of being in the Albert Hall. Sadly, it’s not been repeated since and given current woes at the Beeb, I don’t hold out much hope that it will. I’d be glad to be proved wrong, though.

Roger

Thanks Clare and everyone in Naim.I’m already enjoying this

2 Likes

“The catalogue of music (mainly from vinyl sources) includes ‘Jazz, Pop, Rock, Indie and every 12 tracks a classical piece”.

1 Like

Software team suggesting a reboot of everything, which should reset the station list indexing

Thanks Clare.

I tried that and it’s made no difference.

I’ve raised a support ticket.

Best,

John.

Yes I heard a few scratches on a track yesterday! I guess it’s one of those stations you need to listen to for a while before you get it

A round of applause to Claire and all the naim team. CD quality radio is great!

2 Likes

I’m just the messenger - real credit goes to @Stevesky and team; i’ll ensure they see these posts.

3 Likes