New Naim Radio stations plus a radio upgrade for all Naim streaming systems

Is this what you are looking for Mike

Cheers, I can see that, just wasn’t quite sure what I was looking for.

NIce SQ, so well done Naim. But 80 percent (if I’m being generous) of the stations are godawful.

2 Likes

Great, does this also work with the legacy streamers? I’m unable to find these on my NAC-N 272 …

No, 'fraid not.

Damn, need a 272-2 … :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a good idea, maybe someone should start a thread asking for one, there might be some support.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Richard. The new stations are working splendidly with Minimstreamer.

Hi @JohnBailey

The radio on these older servers was a bit more tricky as its stirred up a wealth of issues of what they can and can’t play for radio streams. The system is based around Internet radio standards from 10 years ago.

On Naim Choice it should now play the correct stations… however… For the new Naim Radio streams we’ve added some MP3 320K versions of the stations as the old servers can’t handle the latest AAC standards properly that we are exposing for non HD streams.

Regarding the mixed up images you may need to purge the image cache, wait about 2 mins and then reload that view. It can be a bit stuborn / delayed on clearing its image cache out but it gets there in the end. I’ve attached a screenshot from Desktop Client on how to do it from there.

With regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

If you are using roon with your 1st gen. streamer, then you can play all of this HD radio streams via roon.

Great station. A lot of vinyl replau here.

Cheers

Sorry ‘replay’ ofcourse.

Ofcourse…

For what it’s worth, my App tells me I have a NACN272-D21A … and I cannot find these new stations either. Lol

Scrub that last post! They have magically appeared. Superb!

I’ve discovered JB Radio 2, a great canadian rock station in 96/24 res too! Sound quality is extremely good!!

1 Like

A dedicated Naim Jazz station … and high quality to boot … EXCELLENT !! Thank-you.

Richard,

Are the new URLs “in the public domain” such that I can pass them on to the folks that produce the software that i use on my Raspberry Pi streamer?

They’re publicly viewable on this forum, so…

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Firstly, many thanks to you and the guys at vTuner for sorting this out. Much appreciated. Once the cache was emptied via the desktop client - and the iOS apps quitted and restarted - all is working perfectly.

Interestingly, whilst I note what you say regarding the playback of AAC streams, playback of Naim Classical in AAC at 320kbps has so far been pretty flawless and I have never experienced issues playing BBC R3 HD which streams in the same format and bit rate.

Perhaps Naim and the BBC use slightly different implementations of similar technology and that’s what can trip things up, or perhaps I have the golden HDX. I’ve always assumed (as a layman) that given it can replay 24 bit 192kHz Flac files, the limitations on replaying the latest radio streams (i.e. BBC HD HLS) would likely be more to do with software or licensing rather than hardware horsepower issues.

Maybe its almost time to relegate the HDX to ripping/serving duties and upgrade to an NDX2 - HDX2 even better :wink: - but I still enjoy my HDX - its a great bit of kit - and - how time flies - ten years old next year!

Best,

John

1 Like