New Naim Radio stations plus a radio upgrade for all Naim streaming systems

Hi, after restarting my Nova and the app I see the new stations but it is 320 k maximum only, no CD quality.
When changing to Tidal I can listen in CD quality without any issue.
Any ideas what to do?

Do you see the ‘HD Sound’ hi-def radio icon in your App’s Internet Radio section?

Hi @Naim.Marketing, @Richard.Dane,

Not sure who to approach with this one as you both have offered help with the new radio streams.

I have rebooted my ND555 and the App but I only appear to be getting AAC 320kb streams.

What am I doing wrong?

Interesting. Which version of the firmware are you running?

I am running the latest Beta version 3.6.0 5009.

1 Like

Thanks- i’ll ask the software team. Sounding mighty fine on my ND 555, so let’s get you sorted ASAP!

1 Like

Don’t know what you mean. Could you please send a screenshot about this?
The app is version 5.18

Sorry…user problem. Got it now and works perfectly! Thanks!

1 Like

Check, if you look in the right folder - it’s not in “Naim’s choice”, but in “Hidef Radio”. Maybe this helps?

Aha, when I search for the station (both have the same name), the search only shows the 320kbps version. Is this, how you look for it?

Ah, that’s it, silly me!

Cheers Phillip.

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying the Radio Paradise Eclectic/World station. What a great service overall. Well done Naim.

2 Likes

An interesting point, though - maybe we should remove ‘Naim’s Choice’ from the App options if you’re using an HD-capable product… I’ll discuss with team.

1 Like

Sounding great apart from the odd stutter.

Hmm, some of the stations in Naims choice are good although they’re not all necessarily hidef so why not leave as is? On that note, I see Groove Salad has gone awol from Naims choice.

If you removed Naim Choice for those with new gen. streamers then you would remove some streams that are not available within the Hi Def Radio menu, if I understand you.

It is the naming that directs a new gen streamer user to Naim Choice first instead of the Hi Def Radio selection where most of us would want to explore first.

1 Like

Maybe bundle everything in to Naims Choice and everyone can pick and choose from there?

The HiDef stations need a separate listing that is only visible to those with current gen. streamers that are able to play them. Otherwise it just creates confusion amongst legacy streamer owners when they try to play them and find they don’t work.
This seems to be an ongoing ‘work in progress’ with new stations being added and tweaked, so I doubt we are seeing the finished product yet.

3 Likes

Aside from Nigel’s comment, that the content of stations is not identical, I would still offer HD capable users to use lower-resolutions streams as an option.
(Very) low bandwidth internet connection will be less and less a problem, but here in Germany, there’s still places without proper (cabled) coverage. And people on volume-metered connections might also prefer the lower bit rates.

An alternative could be, to name the duplicate channels with an “HD” or “bitrate” comment in the name?

Can someone please post a screen shot of what the HD folders look like, I can’t find any.