New to Naim

New to Naim but not to hifi in general. Just purchased two bits of Naim kit, the Nait5 and CD5. In the near future I would like to up grade the power supply which one will I need the Flatcap or the Flatcap2?
Thanks in advance for the advice.

Welcome in the Naim world, Mickyh. Make sure the Nait 5 is in good condition - lovely and underrated amp as long as it is paired with efficient loudspeakers.

The speakers I’m using at the moment are a pair of B&W DM4 which are about 30 watts.

I used it in the time with BW CM5’s which are quite easy too. When I connected BW CM1’s the magic was gone. Too difficult.

Actually, it is my current AV Setup. TV --> Naim AV2 --> Nait 5 --> CM5 S2’s!

Micky, Flatcap 2. This is the one that can power both the CD5 and the Nait 5. IIRC output A of the FC2 goes to the CD player, Output B goes to the amp.

The FC2 comes with a Snaic5. You can use this to connect to the CD5. You will need to buy another Snaic 5 and a Snaic4 to power the amp too.

After all this time the FC2 is probably going to want a service unless seller has had it done recently.

Enjoy your music on your set. Welcome.

C.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.