New track by Bob Dylan out today

“Murder Most Foul”
Brilliant!
“Dylan’s first original song in eight years is about JFK’s assassination – but it’s really about so much more”

Seventeen minutes long and an accompanying video…it’ll need a lot of listening…it’s on Spotify now.

Is Margaret Rutherford in the video?

1 Like

“They blew out the brains of the king / Thousands were watching at home and saw the whole thing,” Sheesh! It ain’t exactly “Down the highway, down the tracks, down the road to ecstasy, I followed you beneath the stars, hounded by your memory and all your ragin’ glory.” Bob does William Topaz McGonagle!

1 Like

A rambling bonkers narrative…lovely!

It’s on Qobuz at 24/96, I’m not convinced by the early rhyming, but it then settles into a compelling random narrative, great stuff.

1 Like

What a complete and utter dirge. There’s a melody in there somewhere but I can’t spot it. Emperors new clothes………

Equally “One day they blew him down, in a clam bar in New York / He could see it coming through the door as he lifted up his fork” is hardly Tennyson at his best. Still his greatest performance tho.

Joey, on Desire, in case you wondered.

Yeah he’s dropped a few clangers down the years (we won’t even mention ‘Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup’). But anyone who wrote ‘At dawn my lover comes to me and tells me of her dreams’ needs no forgiveness.

1 Like

Well new but old it seems.

Greetings to my fans and followers with gratitude for all your support and loyalty across the years. This is an unreleased song we recorded a while back that you might find interesting. Stay safe, stay observant and may God be with you. - Bob Dylan

1 Like

Dark, deep and haunting… I love it!

Will keep Dylanologists busy for many a month!

Richard

4 Likes

Just start to explore his music…after listening 4 albums now I would say he can‘t sing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting comment - all depends which 4 albums out of the 50+ you listened to.

2 Likes

F.ex. Nashville Skyline, Tempest, oh Mercy… I have qobuz :slight_smile: so plenty choices to jump in many albums…New Morning and Blood on the Tracks are the better ones for me. I don‘t say he‘s not a great musician, my comment was just about his singing.

I’ve just listened to it all the way through for the first time. Jeez it’s awful. I take my earlier comment back, McGonagle was Shakespeare compared to this. Not convinced Bob’s not having a bit of a bubble here.

1 Like

Fantastic. Was not expecting this.

3 Likes

Also was not expecting this… can’t say I will be rushing to listen to it again… it’s not really Dylan’s American Pie.

Come on Dylan you can do better than this… I’d leave performance poetry to people like John Cooper Clarke, I think they do it better … bring back those lyrics with musical hooks that many know and love you for, not least myself.

1 Like

I did listen all the way thru, it just confirmed what I thought way back when he first arrived on the scene, good lyricist & poet but best if he let others do the singing.

I have played it over and over… it just so Dylan… and for me…

Probably the most significant release by any artist this century!

… There I have said it, but I am a lifelong Dylan fan.

Richard

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.