New Tv confusion

Our 50” Panasonic is starting to show some signs of dying. Occasionally have to turn it completely off and on again to get it to respond to any commands

But

I listened to sound bars in the shop when I bought it (from Richerr Sounds about 8 years ago) and wasn’t even remotely impressed with any of them. The sound of the tv has always to my ears been very good indeed for what it is

Blimey, that Sony’s a cracker.

Sold.

If you listen to the sound from a ‘cheap’ TV and compare it with that from a decent sound bar then I believe the difference is significant. However to appreciate the magnitude of the difference you really need to hear both in your own living space. I am not sure though how effective a cheap sound bar really is. In the end I bought a pair of KEF LSX II wireless speakers which work well with the TV and my laptop, when needed.

The tv was £800 and the sound bars in listened to were £300. I was shocked how poor the sound bars were - though this was in the shop - as I fully expected to hear something approaching decent. The sound from the tv still pleases. I am sure a cheap tv sounds terrible but I won’t be buying a cheap tv :wink:

I think you would have to spend considerably more than £300 to get a significant improvement in sound quality using a sound bar. Some bars are close to £1000 or even more, but I’ve never heard any at that price point. I guess they’re aimed at those who have 72 inch TVs and watch a lot of films.

I am probably a bit indifferent to them as I have a separate room with projector and full n-system, so that does decent sounds if watching movies

1 Like

Tim , I purchased new Samsung QLED TV from John Lewis about three years ago included was 50% off a selected soundbar the recommended one at £399 they had one at £699 which was so much better than cheaper one so I purchased it. I have it connected to the TV via Bluetooth and it sounds very good indeed.

When the salesman put in the the sales promotion code it came up with a price of £249 which made a bargain indeed.

1 Like

New Sony 48inch OLED on wall (and my efforts for no visible cables have worked a treat).

Gotta say it’s a pretty good piece of kit!

Happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.