NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

Omg it is so good pairing. Oops mine is HE1000 Stealth Magnet Edition.

Not sure about the previous version though.

5 Likes

Supposedly the HE1000 V2 Stealth is made to compete with the Arya Stealth V3 whereas the HE1000 SE is designed to be a kid sister to the Susvara. Slightly different characters and therefore they both are kept in the line-up…

1 Like

Arya was never able to compete the HE1k’s… The details step up just too far superior on the HE1k.

As for SE and Sus… they have their own crowd…

1 Like

Well, my HEKse are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Curious about what my first impressions will be like…

3 Likes

I find that the HE is good. I got em like 4 months now but over time it becomes very very boring in sound. Am i the only one ? Someone has some tweaks to help because i spend my money in an i didn t get exited anymore to listen to it. I got the Focal Clear MG. i miss the bass that you litterly feel in the chest …Help!

Could it be the headphones? I know the Utopia had amazing impact on it and so do the Caldera. I’d imagine the Focal Stellia also do. Thought the Clear mg is supposed to be more neutral but lacks bass impact.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

@iamoneagwin is right. The headphones are not built for that kind of bass. Also have Focal Clear MG with the HE and the sound wont change to what you want. You will need to look for a pair of headphones that is more suited to your tastes.

I also have the Focal Celestee and that gives quite a bit more bass than the Clear MG. Will that be enough for you? Only a demo will tell.

2 Likes

This is correct, I changed from the Clear MG to the Utopias, the bass was a major improvement. I found this for both Utopia headphone models. The Clear MG are more neutral.

1 Like

Wow ok i never thought about the headphone becaus if you do a frequanci test you feel the bass at 20 Hz… but ok thanks for reply guys you are amazing i will try an other Headphone

1 Like

Closed backed headphones also tend to be a bit more base-y than the open backed selection. Even though I think the Clear MG is a better headphone than the Celestee, I do sometimes prefer to listen to some types of music on Celestee as it has more punch, while the Clear gives a more natural open soundstage.

If you are willing to spend on the Utopias you should definitely investigate that but there are many options in the price range of the Clear MG that will also give you more bass (you can buy 3 sets of Clear MG for the price of one Utopia). Book a session with your dealer to try out some options and, if you can, take the winner of the shortlist home for a home demo. A good dealer should allow this. Headphones you need to demo for a few days to know if the sound AND wear comfort is good for you.

Wear comfort is very important, and if you end up going for closed backed, they tend to press harder on your head than open backs to create a more soundproof environment. Last thing you want is to buy one only to experience pain a few days later. So demo, demo, demo…

2 Likes

So that’s the thing about frequency response, it doesn’t actually say anything about bass impact. It can show if it’s a warm headphone and has good bass but nothing about the punch. The Utopia is probably one of the best dynamic headphones for that punch and could probably find the original model used for a good price. They are actually pretty neutral sounding, the new model is supposed to be warmer but also more expensive. You can also check over on head-fi and see if you find other punchy headphones in your price range.

As far as the Naim HE, I think it has excellent bass impact and texture and is better than a lot of solid states amps. It’s also on the warmer side and very musical. Really the only two improvements you can make is upgrading the stock power cord and upgrading your headphone cable. I guess you can play with wireless vs ethernet connections. Upgrading power cable could slightly help with bass. Headphone cable with clarity and soundstage especially if you use 4.4mm or XLR. Not really any difference between wireless and ethernet.

2 Likes

I have no noticeable difference between them either.

1 Like

I even tried hooking up an external streamer Stack Audio II using coaxial converter just to test Apple Music and sound quality was roughly the same as internal with the edge going to the external connection. But was so slight and took away all the beauty of using a wireless setup.

I guess the last improvement you can make is expanding it by getting an external headphone amp. This is either to provide tube amps or more powerful solid state for hard to drive headphones. I’m a little interested in how my Caldera would sound on a Bliss amp, but going to wait for CanJam and see if it’s that dramatic. In no hurry.

2 Likes

Yes I have the Powerquest 2 and upgraded power cord plugged in the High current socket. The next step is an other headphone cable , maybe the copper one for better low end (got the information from several reviews but never listened one by myself so far) and maybe check for some antivibration stuff. Any advice by the way? . I’m using an ethernet cable and never tried to do AB comparisons for that matter because , idk, I feel more comfortable when it’s wired.

I’d imagine anti-vibration wouldn’t have any effect. I believe it’s really for speaker setups because of the vibration for the music itself. I’ve never tried it though, so could do something but doubt it would a much change. Think the biggest change would just be getting hard hitting headphones. Not sure you budget. I’m loving the Caldera. Hit just about as hard as Utopia with better sub bass and warmer sound with better soundstage. Reading that the new ZMF Closed Atrium is supposed to have some of the best bass out there.

1 Like

For now I am thinking about to test some headphonecables maybe it does something and then saving for other headphones in the future, i will see… antivibration stuff is just to have everything perfect before i make my decisions guess i will never know if i dont trie it. Thank you very much for the advises guys!

I haven’t found cables to dramatically help with impact. People were saying to get copper for the Utopia to help with the bottom end. But for me it helped give a nice richness to the mids and gave more clarity throughout. I’d still say best bet is to demo other headphones. I just don’t have advice on what the most impactful ones are in same price range as the Clear mg. But if do have the budget the Utopia or Caldera would be my recommendation.

1 Like

Screenshooted all Infos :wink: thanks a lot!

Check Fostex 900s

1 Like

I didn t know that I had to use the Stockcable to unleasch the true magic of the Naim Uniti :confused: I am seeking one of you that has experience of using the Uniti with a Powerregenerator (Not an Powerconditioner) did it improves the sound ?

Thank you!