NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

They have confirmed the new streaming platform can support MQA unfolding. As to wether they will, who knows.

1 Like

And that they know from discussions with MQA engineers. Which means that likely they either have considered it and decided against (for the time being?), or are still considering it. I suspect the former.

Tend to agree.

1 Like

Just looked at my dealer’s site and they aren’t even offering the original Atom now, only the new headphone. That’s a bit surprising. And the headphone edition has eliminated the Atom’s 40 watt amp. This move does eliminate a tier of Naim accessibility. There is a significant jump in price (for poor people) from the (original) Atom to the Star or Nova. It appears that price tier is now gone for someone that doesn’t use headphones and wanted that $4000+ solution for good sound.

Probably a simple error. No way they’d want to stop selling the standard Uniti Atom. I’d give them a call.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/6SHRFhfeLgY ( for the “I don’t think so”)…you may be correct, but it was a good opportunity to give Fred a bit of love…

As Richard correctly says, the original Uniti Atom remains very much a key member of the Naim family - it’s one of our bestselling products!

7 Likes

I’m sure it is Clare

Question for me - is the DAC in the HE better than the one in the standard Atom ?

Or just different maybe

I have to say it surprises me that 15 people would give an upvote to what is really an evasive answer. :wink:

Perhaps you can clarify?

Does this mean that the Atom HE dynamically EQ’s based on the connected headphone, for instance by using a database of known headphones and their optimal response curves?

Or, does it mean that a one size fits all approach is used with a more or less neutral EQ curve, and that you don’t subscribe to the idea that certain headphones require additional EQ?

Or, is this considered to be proprietary information that you cannot tell us any more about? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The ‘best’ route for active might expend what sort of configuration you are considering. Something like Genelec implements bass management and crossovers in the sub, and provides xlr outputs to the mains. Analogue domain unless you go for the DSP versions.

1 Like

The DAC and streaming section are the same as original Atom.

1 Like

I wonder if someone could clarify on the warrantee, some shops/dealers are offering 2 year standard parts and labour warranty included. Additional 3 years on parts upon registration within 28 days of purchase. Does that mean on year 3 onwards that you are going to pay for labour only, or am i reading it wrong ?

Naim’s UK warranty terms are here:

Possibly they were upvoting your attempts at mansplaining, who knows ? :wink:

But seriously- it’s a Naim product, tuned to sound like a Naim product. If people want to use EQ via Roon, that’s an option, but I would urge anyone to just take their favourite headphones and have a demo. And maybe try some different headphones at the same time - the new Focal Clear Mg, for example :grin:

9 Likes

Thanks Clare much appreciated

1 Like

Haha, touchée!

I’m not sure that a man explaining is the same thing as mansplaining, but i’ll concede. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s certainly an interesting option. I’ll do some research on the Genelec subwoofers.

When i registered my NDX2 with Naim this the reply i got from them… “Thanks for registering your Naim product. We are confident your new product will bring you a deeper connection with your music and that you will be listening to even more music than ever before. In the unlikely event that something does go wrong, you are now covered by a five-year extended parts warranty.”*

Date of registration: 7 March 2021… Parts only ? No mention of labour, I think there’s a bit of confusion and contradiction here.

IIRC the UK extended warranty has always been referred to as the “extended parts warranty”. However, Naim revisited it some months back and so the current terms apply as found on the website (and as per my link above).

However, I agree that it’s probably now time to drop the “parts” from the title as it may be confusing.

Thank you, i’ll take your version as gospel.