NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

I am using DCA Stealth, Focal Clear, Kennerton Thidi. DCA Stealth amazingly superb with Atom HE.

Hi,
I ordered one in July, eagerly await delivery,
I assume parts are still in short supply,
Just hopes it arrives son :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Tommy, and welcome to the Forums!

Yes, the combination of massive demand and component shortages mean we’ve got quite a backlog of Atom HE to work through, but we’ll get there

2 Likes

Excuse me for hijacking the thread a bit.

Just wondering how the parts situation is for servicing units, I have 6 boxes ready for service the usual suspects 252, 300 DR and 300 PS DR, Supercap DR, XPS DR and Hicap DR.

Ideally would like to get them done in a job lot.

Tim

Hi Tim. I’ll ask the service team and get back to you.

1 Like

@Timbo Delighted to report the Naim service team can handle that full list. I’d contact your dealer and get these booked in - service slots will start to fill up as we head toward Christmas.

Atom HE is a ridiculously satisfying product. Going to be difficult to actually hand it over to my daughter. Maybe I’ll just forget it’s hers.:thinking: Can I do that?

6 Likes

That is good news! Thank you so much Clare you are an absolute sweetie :blush:

Tim

Wait for the bill first :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll bet someone could create a really interesting, detailed thread on that! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Yes, you can do that! That is what they call force majeur. :joy:

1 Like

Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

1 Like

Is there a review already where the focus was on the Atom HE as a streaming pre-amp? Most reviews seem to focus on the HE features and as a sider mention the capability to connect a power amp & loudspeakers.

Personally, I’m very tempted to get an Atom HE into a Nap 140/200/250 into my SBL’s and during the later evenings have the HE capability as an extra.

3 Likes

Time to explain contract law to my daughter. I keep telling her she’s a whole person and it’s ridiculous that minors have no right to property. Unfortunately she’s too old to believe the ol’ “If I give you property I might go to jail” routine.

1 Like

Hi all.

Can the four vertical buttons on the front panel be switched off during playback? I know the screen can be disabled during playback. On my ND555 I can switch off the four vertical buttons for late evening listening.

There are no real dedicated “Atom HE as a preamp and streamer” reviews. However, this is exactly how I use my Atom HE and I could not be happier. Of course there is always better, but given the money I spent on it I am very satisfied. It sounds really good with a dynamic sound, wide soundstage, great rhythm and sounding good at low volume. With its small footprint and ease of use it is the ideal preamp and streamer for me and the whole family.

The system in a nutshell:
Naim Atom HE
Purifi EVAL1 power amp
Dynaudio Sub 6
Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE
Grimm TPR XLR cables
Audioquest Niagara 1200 power conditioner
Audioquest Z3 power cables

Recently I have discovered the Atom HE for headphone listening as well. :relaxed:My AKG K702 sounded good but not excellent, but the recently acquired Philips X2HR opened up a complete new world to me. Wow, that sounds awesome and it shows the capabilities of both the Atom HE and the Philips cans. I can’t stop listening. :notes:

BR,
Richard

7 Likes

I don’t have the HE, but on Atom/Nova: no.
Display can switch off during playback (which is 90%, I guess). And the 4 buttons and Naim logo can be toggled through 3 levels of dimness/brightness via the remote (not through the app, IIRC).
The dimmest level is fine for me during night; but I have also windows with outside city lights - don’t know, how this looks in a completely dark room. (Where even dim LEDs shed off astonishing amounts of light.)
You can put a cloth to cover it. :wink:

Thank you, as I thought. Maybe one for the “wish list”!!!

I’ve used the following on it so far:

Clear Mg
HD 800s
LCD-X

Extremely happy with sound of all of them on the HE! The LCD-Xs (not EQ’d) are not as resolving as the other two and don’t seem to get as big a bump in sound quality except in the punch and slam department where they knocked me out of my chair. The HE definitely showed me the limitations of the LCDXs like no other amp has.

The other two are sublime in every area. I couldn’t be happier with the HE, it’s exceeded my every expectation.

5 Likes

Well I have just swapped out a Auralic Vega G2.1 for the Atom HE into ATC SCM40A’s. I can only say that the Atom is not disgracing itself, before I even bring cost into the equation.

6 Likes