NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

Nothing a strip of black insulation tape across the front can’t fix. I just tested and it works a charm.

PS… please remove if this falls under modifications etc… :wink:

2 Likes

Depends on the adhesive?
But it does not touch power supply.

1 Like

I think for me the pentacon cable would be just fine for the start. Just need to find a good source id possible in germany. But wasn’t successful yet. Didnt get a feedback from your vendor. So can I use any pentacon cable or does it need to have a focal specific opposite end? Is that a standard the connection to the cans themselves?

I live in the Netherlands and it was delivered fine. Yeah their email response channel needs work. Did an order on the website, waited LOOOOONG but got it in the end and was worth it.

However more than that I cannot really advise on. Just that the headphone cable will definitely need to be compatible with the Focal connectors. Has to have the right jack plugs and fit into the holes the connections are sunk into on the headphones. Otherwise it would work.

2 Likes

Great! Bedankt! I will give it another try :grimacing:

1 Like

The Utopia takes Lemo connectors and the Clear uses two mono 3.5mm Jacks, I understand.

I don’t have the Utopia. Best if you tell the supplier which Focal model you are using.
Good luck.

I got the tip that audioverse also can generate good cables. I will check them out. Fyi.

For dust protection i just found something from stax. Maybe i get a custom made cover as soon as i have a fitting heafphone stand. Maybe the rooms or the cheap amazon version

And it’s kept improving! I’m not sure if there might not even be a bit more to come now, almost 6 weeks post purchase.

2 Likes

I’d probably say a lack of HDMI Arc is the one thing stopping myself from looking at Atom HE as my family are now used to currently having that functionality and it’s ease of use.

Think Naim missed a trick omitting it, but it’s obviously aimed primarily for headphone use so can see why.:slightly_frowning_face:

And optical is not an option? Yeah of you want to control volume or switch on and off that can no longer but the optical connection works like a dream.

I reckon it also has to do with not being able to to shove everything into limited space. The HE has an XLR on the rear panel and different outputs from the pre amp. Plus different internals.

I bought this Edola ARC Audio extractor on Amazon, does the trick…and works pretty well… connected to the analogue inputs…

1 Like

Does operate purely volume control?
Thanks

It’s a cheap DAC with HDMI Arc support (you will find a number of other brands doing the same)…in my use case I’m not too concerned about the quality (but it’s pretty ok) of TV sound, just wanted to integrate my Apple TV(Remote) into the Naim and use the Arc function…

Sounds interesting. I could get hands on some ae1 active i could use them also for tv via the he. How are active speakers connected best way to the he?

I have active speakers with the HE, Buchardt A500 through XLR works amazing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do i need a special cable to connect the ae1 active to the atom he? Can somebody recommend a cable?

You’ll want a pair of balanced XLR cables - as long as you require for your needs. I’m sure your dealer can advise something suitable.

2 Likes

Forum newcomer here. I’ve been using the HE for about 4 months and love it. It’s rekindled my interest in music and hi-fi, although I’m now starting to disappear down the TOTL headphone rabbit hole. I’ve followed this forum since its inception, but now have a question that I hope someone can help with: yesterday I signed up for Roon which, after a few false starts (user error on my part), is now working fine. I have a USB drive attached to the HE which allows me to access my ripped CD’s via the Naim app, but Roon does not recognise this drive. I thought with the HE being “Roon Ready” this drive would integrate with my other sources (Qobuz for example). Is there something I’m missing?

I believe there’s a “Server mode” option that you need to activate…? Not sure if it’s related…not my use case…

1 Like